inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who sang this song?

Written By: Nesman on 01/30/06 at 5:32 pm

I previously posted on here looking for an early 80's song I thought had the lyric "toe the line" in it and no, it is not TOTO or Rocky Burnette as replied. I have had a few more lyrics pop into my head today.  The song has a real neat drum or bass beat at the start of the song and it starts out with the line:

"I see here there in her satin dress (then followed by a couple of bass or drum beats)" 

I can hum the following lines but can't pick up the lyrics however as it approaches the chorus I think it goes:

"..... this tightrope's got the best of me ....... aahhhh ... just toe the line (or it may be just show the line)"

Sorry I am not giving much help but I have it in my head and just can't figure out the lyrics and who sings it.  Help!

Subject: Re: Who sang this song?

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/30/06 at 5:39 pm

hi! it's Let Go The Line by Max Webster  :)

Written By: Nesman on 01/30/06 at 7:27 pm

Yes .... yes .... you are awesome!

Get this though ... as I am on here I set up some cheezy 80's tunes in my Media Player and the song Diamonds, Diamonds by Max Webster was on when I read your e-mail.  Bizarre!!

Thank you K-Tel Queen!!! 

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/31/06 at 12:45 am

Yes .... yes .... you are awesome!

Get this though ... as I am on here I set up some cheezy 80's tunes in my Media Player and the song Diamonds, Diamonds by Max Webster was on when I read your e-mail.  Bizarre!!

Thank you K-Tel Queen!!! 

very bizarre and glad to have helped  :)

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/06 at 12:55 am

I need to listen to more Max Webster.  I don't even know this song  :-[

Written By: Nesman on 01/31/06 at 12:35 pm

Yeah man ..... it is an awesome tune with a great beat!  Max Webster Let Go The Line.  My current favourite old tune thanks to Ktel Queen. 

Check for new replies or respond here...