inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I've built a time machine-who wants to go?

Written By: oingo_fan on 01/30/06 at 10:27 pm

Just a hypothetical scenario.  Someone approaches you saying "You can go back, knowing everything that you know now".  Only catch, you're not allowed to change what actually happened.  Would you go?

Subject: Re: I've built a time machine-who wants to go?

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/06 at 10:36 pm

Going back in time, you could change the past without knowing it.  You never know who you could bump into

Written By: oingo_fan on 01/30/06 at 11:55 pm

"You're not allowed to change what actually happened".  This implies action or inaction.  You are an observer...

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/06 at 12:02 am

I would go just as an observer sure, but who's to stop me from changing the past?  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

Written By: robby76 on 01/31/06 at 12:32 am

I'd go with a wad full of money and buy all my toys again and hard to find music and videos.

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/06 at 1:02 am

I'd go with a wad full of money and buy all my toys again and hard to find music and videos.

Now that's a good idea O0

When you think about it .. alot of the now hard to find 80's music was back then well stocked in record stores, thus very easy to find

Written By: robby76 on 01/31/06 at 1:48 am

I'd also spend an afternoon recording stuff off the tv. There were some great tv movies which will sadly never see it to dvd... you know those rare ones you'd watch on a weekend afternoon. I actually had them on video but my mum threw the whole lot out without anyone knowing... I've never gotten over it! She even threw out an unmarked home video from the very early 80's... that still keeps me awake at night!  :D

Written By: Banks on 01/31/06 at 3:15 am

Id go in a heart beat...But Id take a video camera with heaps of tapes and batteries and film parts of my life that I dont have on video. Id also interview my grandparents (who have departed) on video about their lives from the time they can remember to the point in time I went back to.

Id also do the same as others in this thread and buy a heap of toys and hard to find albums and singles. Plus Id also tape TV for a week non stop. Imagine all those old adverts and news stories etc.

If, when back in time, you wouldnt age due to not being in the 'right time' for your body, Id go back to 8 weeks before I was born and film stuff from then on, right up to now.

(I recently found out my cousin did that for me, film me ALL the time, from the day I was born up to 1983, when she was killed. I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours of silent colour film and video tapes, most of which Ive not even had the chance to view yet).

Id also go to all the big iconic places, like Studio 54, Id go see a Wham concert (one of the few people/groups I didnt go and see perform). Id also go to a club in 1981/82. Id also buy shares in Microsoft ;)

AN

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/31/06 at 8:23 am

Sounds interesting, but I am not really that interested.

Written By: woops on 02/01/06 at 4:06 pm

Taping music videos and rare MTV specials...along with classic cartoons ...

Also buying  cassette singles and other rare stuff...

And maybe some Debbie Gibson posters/pictures...

Then again it's possible by going to used record stores, memorablia stores, etc. Still hard to find, but not much into shopping online...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/01/06 at 4:32 pm

Take me to 1983!

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/02/06 at 12:40 am

8) Retro Guy had a topic on this once...I would go back to Woodstock..my parents were there and they said it was great, BUT..if I had more than one choice I would have many other epic points in time..too many to say now

Check for new replies or respond here...