inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: do you like soundtrack hits from 80's movies

Written By: Child of the 80's on 02/02/06 at 1:01 am

which ones are your favourites?  there were lots of good ones.  my ultimate favourite has to be say you say me by lionel ritchie from white nights.  such a pretty song :)

Subject: Re: do you like soundtrack hits from 80's movies

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/02/06 at 1:17 am

8) I like the soundtrack to The Breakfast Club, Valley Girl, Fast times At Ridgemont High, Interview With the Vampire....Many others I cant think of right now...

Written By: Abix on 02/02/06 at 1:24 am

The Visionquest Soundtrack was great.. Had Madonna's "Crazy For You" and  "Gambler" , Journey's "Only The Young"  Red Ryder's "Lunatic Fringe" among a few I remember.
And to this day I am looking for the soundtrack to "About Last Night"  Bob Seger's "Living Inside My Heart" is a song I'm looking for but can't find on any of his albums.

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/06 at 1:39 am

The Visionquest Soundtrack was great.. Had Madonna's "Crazy For You" and  "Gambler" , Journey's "Only The Young"  Red Ryder's "Lunatic Fringe" among a few I remember.
And to this day I am looking for the soundtrack to "About Last Night"  Bob Seger's "Living Inside My Heart" is a song I'm looking for but can't find on any of his albums.

It's weird you mention "... About Last Night".  I just watched that DVD today 8)

I think Living Inside My Heart only ever appeared on that soundtrack.  It wasn't a hit, so it probably wouldn't be on any of his Greatest Hits albums  :\'(

I really loved "The Goonies" soundtrack.  It of course had a hit with "Goonies R Good Enough" by Cyndi Lauper, but it also had another hit called "Eight Arms to Hold You" by the Goon Squad, which hit #1 on the Billboard Dance Charts in 1985.  I also loved the album track "Wherever You're Goin' (It's Alright)" by REO Speedwagon.  The day I figured out how to turn cassettes into mp3's, "Eight Arms to Hold You" was one of the very first songs I ripped O0

And of course, the soundtrack to "Streets of Fire".  The Jim Steinman track "Tonight is What it Means to Be Young" by Fire Inc. remains one of my all-time favourite songs from the 80's

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/02/06 at 10:15 am

8) I forgot about...About Last Night...I love that movie....The soundtrack was great...Remember the double headphones??...Watch that and then watch Demi in Striptease and tell me she didnt have a boob job!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/06 at 2:23 pm

I have a few in my music library.

Dirty Dancing (and More Dirty Dancing)
The Jazz Singer
Top Gun
Beaches
Flashdance
Footloose

I can't say that I have a favorite from these because there are songs that I love on all of them.

Cat

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/02/06 at 9:34 pm

8) D C Cab was great too...Wasnt Gary Busey in that??

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/06 at 9:39 pm

8) D C Cab was great too...Wasnt Gary Busey in that??

He was yes :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/02/06 at 9:55 pm

8) I REMEMBER NOW...THAT MOVIE WAS COOL..DIDNT BUSEY DANCE ON TOP OF THE CABS??  SORRY FOR THE CAPS..i FORGOT TO PUSH THE OTHER BUTTON!

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 02/02/06 at 10:34 pm

I loved the soundtracks from:

Pretty in Pink - especially that song "Wouldn't It Be Good" and the title song by the Psychedelic Furs

Say Anything, even though I was always kind of annoyed that "Welcome To The Jungle" should've been on it but wasn't.

Flashdance: loved "Here Where The Heart Is" by Kim Carnes and "Lady, Lady, Lady" which I think was by Michael Sembello, the same guy who sang "Maniac."  I vividly remember the commercial with the latter song in it.  My mom was hesitant about allowing me to see the movie, but because of that commercial with that song, I begged and begged her.

Dirty Dancing: My favorite songs were "She's Like The Wind," "Yes," and "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow."  I think the last was on the Dirty Dancing 2 soundtrack.

Oh, and when "Annie" came out as a movie, I played the soundtrack to death.

Despite the quote under my screen name, I never was much into the Breakfast Club soundtrack. 

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/06 at 11:10 pm

Pretty in Pink - especially that song "Wouldn't It Be Good"

I remember that soundtrack.  That version was by the Danny Hutton hitters.  It was previously a hit for Nik Kershaw in 1984 :)

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 02/02/06 at 11:31 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 02/03/06 at 1:13 am

I really love the Electric Dreams soundtrack. So many great songs, some of which are really hard to find elsewhere. Highlights include:

"Together In Electric Dreams" -Phil Oakey/Giorgio Moroder
"The Dream" -Culture Club
"Now You're Mine" -Helen Terry
"Let It Run" -Jeff Lynne

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/06 at 1:21 am

I really love the Electric Dreams soundtrack. So many great songs, some of which are really hard to find elsewhere. Highlights include:

"Together In Electric Dreams" -Phil Oakey/Giorgio Moroder
"The Dream" -Culture Club
"Now You're Mine" -Helen Terry
"Let It Run" -Jeff Lynne

I loved the song "Video" by Jeff Lynne from that soundtrack.  It was actually the only song from it that made an impact on the American Billboard Charts

Written By: Abix on 02/03/06 at 5:00 am

Thanks for that "Living Inside My Heart"  Whistledog. I've been listening to it  over and over :)

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/06 at 11:20 pm

Thanks for that "Living Inside My Heart"  Whistledog. I've been listening to it  over and over :)

Anytime :)

There's no 80's song that I can't find.  Need any more, just ask :)

Written By: SAM-Indonesia on 02/04/06 at 2:05 am

Video by Jeff Lynne (OST Electric Dreams) and off course I just called to say I love you by S.Wonder(OST the Woman in Red)

Written By: Abix on 02/04/06 at 2:14 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/04/06 at 2:01 pm

If you could find "These Arms Of Mine "  a remake by Willie And The Poorboys circa 1985.. Featuring Paul Rodgers, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood, and I can't remember who else.. I'd be forever grateful.

I will keep my eyes open for that one :)

---------

Here's some more great soundtrack hits ...

Biy By Bit - Stephanie Mills (Fletch)
Take it Easy - Andy Taylor (American Anthem)
Back on the Chain Gang - The Pretenders (The King of Comedy)
This is Not America - Pat Metheny and David Bowie (The Falcon and the Snowman)
Don't You Want My Love - Nicole (Ruthless People)
One Foot Back in Your Door - Roman Holliday (Teachers)
Teacher, Teacher - Thirty Eight Special (Teachers)
Never Ending Story - Limahl (The Never Ending Story)
Ever Fallen in Love - Fine Young Cannibals (Something Wild)
Good Thing - Fine Young Cannibals (Tin Men)
The Moment of Truth - Survivor (The Karate Kid)
Prove Me Wrong - David Pack (White Nights)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/04/06 at 4:46 pm

"Don't You Forget About Me" from Breakfast Club, "Steppin' Out" from Sixteen Candles (was it in the soundtrack?) are both good songs.  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/04/06 at 5:32 pm

Xanadu
The Breakfast Club
VisionQuest
Top Gun
Footloose
Streets of Fire

Check for new replies or respond here...