inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Levi's Tuff Skinny Jeans

Written By: Erick on 02/06/06 at 1:28 pm

Where can I find a pair of these jeans?

Subject: Skin tight jeans

Written By: Erick on 02/06/06 at 1:50 pm

Where can I find a pair of levi's skin tight jeans like jeans use to be in the 80s?

Subject: Re: Levi's Tuff Skinny Jeans

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/07/06 at 8:56 am

Where abouts do you live? I'm from Australia & i have 2 black pairs & a dark blue pair of the Lee Stovepie Stretch jeans & one black pair of the Levis Tuff Skinny jeans.
If you are from Australia i can tell you exactly where you can get them from.
Also if you go to the Lip Service website they also sell stretch jeans called Stretch F**kin Jeans, but they are not as good  & don't fit as nicely as the Lee or Levis cause they ruffle up too much around the knees & elsewhere cause they are super tight around the ankles so if they are a bit longer they cause the ruffling.
Last but not least there are DP-77 Joey Ramone Stretch jeans, but again i don't think they sit as nice as the Lee or the Levis. I think the Lee Stovepipe Stretch jeans are the best, they are my favourite anyway. Just go to the official Lee Jeans website & contact them about it & they can direct you to a retailer in your area that stocks them.

Written By: Erick on 02/07/06 at 3:25 pm

Well I am from California so I just found out that they don't sell them here. Is there anywhere in the U.S. thats sells them? Thanks!

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/08/06 at 10:27 am

Well I am from California so I just found out that they don't sell them here. Is there anywhere in the U.S. thats sells them? Thanks!

Yes i'm quite sure they are available in the U.S. but because i'm not familiar with clothing stores in the U.S. i don't know who would stock them. I remember i had trouble finding my first pair even around Melbourne cause there aren't many stores that sold them, that's why i went a bit nuts & stocked up on as many pairs as i could get before they go out of style cause you know how lame fashion is. I remember going into some up market type store that sold regular Levis & when i asked the women if they stocked the tight stretch jeans she said "we have 501s they're pretty tight".  I just rolled my eyes & said, "no tighter than that" & she  just looked at me with this look on her face like she'd sucked on a lemon & said in a real negative tone "oh are they coming back in again". I just sighed & said "oh forget it" & walked out of there. Believe me i know how frustrating it is, almost all clothing stores only cater to clean cut yuppie or preppie style fashions & you're going for more of a rocker thing which really isn't catered for much, but don't give up.

Written By: Erick on 02/08/06 at 10:47 am

I hope they bring them back here too! I saw them on ebay but I like to try pants on before I buy them you know.

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/08/06 at 11:04 am

I hope they bring them back here too! I saw them on ebay but I like to try pants on before I buy them you know.

Yeah i know what you mean, the Lee Stovepipe sizing is a bit funny aswell so it could have been a hazard buying them off the net. I'm a 32" waist but i had to get them in a 30 & even still i have to wear a belt, but only just. Gotta warn you though dude, they are really really tight & it took me a while to adjust to wearing them & i found it a little uncomfortable at first cause i hadn't worn stretch since 1989. Now i feel comfortable wearing them & they are particularily comfortable in winter, but unfortunatly we're having a stinkin hot summer over here so i haven't worn them for a while. It was like 42 degrees celseous(spelling?) over here the other day, i don't know what that is in farenhite(spelling again?), but that's f**kin hot.

Written By: Erick on 02/08/06 at 2:08 pm

Is their any way to make the pants I already own tighter? I own levi's 501 jeans.

Written By: Erick on 02/08/06 at 2:09 pm

Alot of people at my school buy girl jeans because they don't make guy jeans tight enough but I won't go that far!

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/12/06 at 10:14 pm

Is their any way to make the pants I already own tighter? I own levi's 501 jeans.

Actually dude there is no way Levis 501s are tighter than these, i own an old pair of 501s that are really tight, but 501s are straight leg so they look pretty loose around the bottom half of the leg whereas stovepipes are tappered & tight all the way to the bottom. Also regular  jeans & 501s are very ridgid because they are 100% cotton & weren't meant to be worn super tight whereas stretch jeans have a very small percentage of lycra in then allowing for a little stretch which is much more comfortable & particularliy good around the knees. Trust me you won't get 501s that tight, especially these days since they've been re-cut & re-sisized, the stovepipes are super tight & they kinda look like they're painted on whereas you won't get close to that with 501s. Trust me dude, i've already been through all this & i've done my homework.
BTW 504s have a narrower leg than 501s. You could maybe sew them in at the seam at a place that does alterations, but they will be very ridgid & definitly not as comfortable as a pair of stretch jeans. It will be hard to bend down in them & the might be a little uncomfortable. When you have them sewn in you have to make sure that the bottom half is narrower & that the leg is tappered. You might have to get them to measure the radius of your legs all the way down. To me though this just seems like way too much work.

Written By: Erick on 02/12/06 at 10:41 pm

Yeah it is too much work! They need to bring back tight jeans! This is so frusterating!

Thanks for the help

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/13/06 at 8:44 am

Yeah it is too much work! They need to bring back tight jeans! This is so frusterating!

Thanks for the help

No probs, i totally understand your frustration. I went through the same thing a while back when i realised there was stovepipe stretch jeans out there again after all these years, but i had so much trouble getting my hands on them even though they were & still are really popular in Australia at the moment. Only certain stores in Melbourne stock them. I really just had to get out there & search & ask in every clothing store no matter how stupid some of the store people made me feel about what i was looking for & i never gave up untill i found what i was after.

Anyhow try these links
These are from the Lip Service website:

http://www.lip-service.com/style.php?season=&body_type=&group=&style=M63-001&k=42

http://www.lip-service.com/style.php?season=&body_type=&group=&style=M63-001L&k=43

These are from from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Skinny-drainpipe-indie-NEW-jeans-34R-levi-brand-Black_W0QQitemZ6848565350QQcategoryZ52791QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEE-STOVEPIPES-SIZE-34-BLACK-SLIM-LEG-JEANS-GOTHIC_W0QQitemZ7743714226QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEE-Mens-Black-Stovepipes-Jean-Size-30_W0QQitemZ5469290167QQcategoryZ103130QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope that helps. If you are worried about the size when buying off the net then don't, cause it's really easy to get around that when it comes to the Lee Stovepipes & they are by far the best ones to get. Just measure your waist & say if you're a 32 inch waist then get 2 sizes down & get the ones for a 30 inch waist (size 77) & they will be absolutely perfect.  Believe me the waist size is a lot larger than the one stated on the tag cause i have a 32 inch waist & i wear the 30s & the waist is still pretty slack & requires a belt. When i went any smaller though when i was trying them on, the legs were way too tight & i could barely get into them. That's how i know if you go with 2 sizes down you can't go wrong, they'll be perfecto. In terms of the length don't worry about that they're all too long cause they're made for tall skinny people. I just had mine shortened to suit me at a shop that does clothing alterations. Trust me dude i've become somewhat of an expert on this in the last year or so & i've helped many other people get their perfect Lee Stovepipes that fit them just right. Just doin my part to spread the disease LOL. Good luck!

Written By: Erick on 02/13/06 at 3:51 pm

Thank you!

Written By: Erick on 02/13/06 at 3:54 pm

Do they have these in blue? I like having both black and blue.

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/14/06 at 11:10 am

Do they have these in blue? I like having both black and blue.

Yes they originally released the Lee Stovepipes in a really dark blue & black at first, but they've now also just released them in a new nicer lighter blue like a medium blue Levis colour. The new medium blue Lee Stovepipes have a slightly higher waist, because the original  black & dark blue ones were pretty low waisted. I have the earlier really dark blue Lee Stovepipes, but i don't like them as much because the dark blue ones don't really look much like denim to me. The best looking ones are black & then the new medium blue ones come second in my books. As for the dark blue ones i've only ever worn them once & i've had them for about a year or so.

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/14/06 at 11:35 am

These are the new medium blue Lee Stovepipes.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Lee-Stovepipe-Stretch-brand-new-size-79_W0QQitemZ5470828069QQcategoryZ103129QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They look dark blue in the photo because it's not well lit & hard to see the actual proper color due to the lack of light in the photo, but believe me they are much lighter than the original dark blue ones that were first released.
By the way, these links i've given you are all for men's Lee stretch jeans. The mens one's are called Lee Stovepipes & the female version are called Lee Supa Tubes. Just in case you were wondering.

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/14/06 at 12:45 pm

As for the Kill City Stretch jeans on the Lip Service site which i gave you the link to earlier in this thread, i have no idea how they fit because i've never tried those ones on before so don't use my my 2 sizes down theory for those ones.
You should be able to find & try the Kill City Stretch Jeans on at any Hot Topic store. I'm sure there should be a Hot Topic store somewhere in your area or situated in a mall somewhere within traveling distance from you. Aparently they are everywere in the U.S.If they don't have the Kill City Pegleg Stretch Jeans just ask them if they stock DP-77(Dogpile) Joey Ramone Stretch Jeans, they come in black & a really cool blue.

Also here is another pair that are definitly available in the U.S. 

http://www.sourpussclothing.com/index.asp?cat=21&prod=2883&start=1

These are available at an online store called Sourpuss, i'm not sure if they actaully have stores you can just walk into like Hot Topic does, but my girlfriend buys a lot of stuff from Sourpuss.com online store & it's pretty safe & secure. 

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/14/06 at 1:00 pm

Yep Hot Topic stock Lip Service Stretch Jeans, i just checked their site & i'm sure they aren't the only brand or kind of stretch jeans they would stock. From what i can tell there are a couple of styles of the Lip Service Stretch Jeans out there, you've got  Lip Service Stretch F**kin Jeans & then you've got Lip Service Junkie Jeans. The ones you want are the Lip Service Junkie Jeans, they look more like the old 80s style stovepipe stretch jeans & they look like a nicer fit than the other Lip Service ones. I still think the Lee Stovepipes we have in Australia are by far the nicest looking & best fitting ones i've seen so far.

Written By: Erick on 02/14/06 at 1:53 pm

YES! Hot topic has the lip service jeans! They only have them in black but thats good for now! I will buy them soon! They only cost $45 so that 10 dollars cheaper! Are they comfortable? I don't want them super super tight that they are going to crush my you know what lol. Now my next step is to find them in light blue! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP :)

Written By: Erick on 02/14/06 at 2:02 pm

They don't have the junkie lipservice ones at hot topic though. I checked the site. There are the stretch jeans and the black twill ones.

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/14/06 at 4:03 pm

YES! Hot topic has the lip service jeans! They only have them in black but thats good for now! I will buy them soon! They only cost $45 so that 10 dollars cheaper! Are they comfortable? I don't want them super super tight that they are going to crush my you know what lol. Now my next step is to find them in light blue! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP :)

No probs.
Not to worry about the crushed nuts thing dude, i don't know about all the other stretch jeans out there but my Lee Stovepipes are made so they are not tight around the crotch area, they are only very tight & narrow around the legs, so they are quite comfortable. Also they are slightly stretchy & not as ridgid as normal jeans so they give a bit where they need to. Plus they'll stretch a bit after a week of wear so thats why it's good to get em pretty tight. I'm pretty sure that all the others would be like that too, i mean it's the common sense way to design them. They are specially made like that so you don't end up with crushed nuts as opposed to just wearing a smaller size of Levis 501s so you can have them tight & as a result the overall measurements of everything including the crotch area is smaller. Stovepipes as they are called are just made with a really narrow leg & the leg is tappered so that they get narrower as they go further down the leg because the upper part of the leg is bigger. The crotch area is about as tight as wearing briefs. Wearing briefs is pretty comfortable & even though they are obviously clingier than boxer shorts, they are not so umbearably tight that you feel like you are being crushed, in fact they a reasonably comfortable. That's the best analogy i can think of & the best way i can describe it. Does that make sense?

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/14/06 at 4:18 pm

They don't have the junkie lipservice ones at hot topic though. I checked the site. There are the stretch jeans and the black twill ones.

Just go to one of the actual Hot Top retail outlets in person & ask them to order in a pair of the Lip Service Junkie Jeans or the Kill City Pegleg Stretch Jeans. That's what i usually do, if a store doesn't have something i want i get them to order it in for me. Also the stock from the online store can vary to that of the retail stores & each retail outlet themselves can have varying stock.  If you're gonna get them online, go for the  Lip Service Junkie Jeans from Sourpuss.com or the Kill City Pegleg Stretch Jeans from the Lip Service website. Those 2 seem to be the best i've seen that are available in the U.S.
Good luck!

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/14/06 at 4:25 pm

BTW avoid the Lip Service Black Twill Jean you mentioned earlier, that's not what you're after, they are something different all together, they are actually quite baggy.

Written By: Erick on 02/14/06 at 5:17 pm

thanks

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/15/06 at 9:53 am

thanks

No Probs, good luck!

Check for new replies or respond here...