inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Brave Little Toaster (Forgotten 80s animated movie)

Written By: Dukefan on 02/06/06 at 7:14 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092695/

I was wondering if anybody remembers this strange (but great) animated kids movie from the 80s - "The Brave Little Toaster".  It was similar to "The Secret of NIMH" and "The Black Caldron" in that it didn't have much of a mainstream audience, but later developed a cult following.

A lot of well known names provided character voices- Phil Hartman was the crazy air conditioner, Jon Lovitz was the radio, and Thurl Ravenscroft was the vacuum cleaner.  Also of note, John Lasseter, who was one of the animators for the Brave Little Toaster, went on to direct other movies about personified objects-"Toy Story", and 2006's upcoming "Cars".

While geared towards kids, the movie was somewhat dark natured.  Several parts scared the crap out of me when I was a kid- the part where the air conditioner explodes and the toaster's nightmare sequence come to mind.

Any other people fond of The Brave Little Toaster?

Check for new replies or respond here...