inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help Needed

Written By: I Love Expose on 02/08/06 at 3:47 am

Does anyone know who had a US only hit with What You See Is What You Get. It was sung by a female singer.

Subject: Re: Help Needed

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/06 at 3:49 am

Meatloaf has recorded What You See Is What You Get

Written By: I Love Expose on 02/08/06 at 6:28 am

Meatloaf has recorded What You See Is What You Get

I did say that it was sung by a female singer if you were bothered to read my last post fully.

Written By: karen on 02/08/06 at 7:02 am

Googling "what you see is what you get" +lyrics.

The first hit is Meatloaf - male so not who you were looking for

the second hit is Britney Spears

If it's not her then you might try the search for yourself.  There were more hits but no names I recognised

Written By: I Love Expose on 02/08/06 at 7:10 am

Googling "what you see is what you get" +lyrics.

The first hit is Meatloaf - male so not who you were looking for

the second hit is Britney Spears

If it's not her then you might try the search for yourself.  There were more hits but no names I recognised

It was an 80's hit sung by a female artist. There was also another song with the same title by Glenn Goldsmith, but the song was completely different.

Written By: whistledog on 02/08/06 at 9:13 am

"What You See is What You Get" by Brenda K. Starr.  Reached #24 on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts in 1988

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/06 at 11:32 am

I did say that it was sung by a female singer if you were bothered to read my last post fully.
I am bothered?

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 02/08/06 at 2:24 pm

Why come on here and cop an attitude?  No one HAS to post back to you, you know.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/06 at 3:02 pm

In fact I did read your original post and do understand fully the difference between male and female of the human gender. But there is no harm in stating that a song can be sang by a male or female, for instance, Love Letters the same song but sung by Kitty Lester and Elvis Presley. So, if you wish to refer to other messageboard users or myself in this manner, please do and face the consequences.

Written By: Babooshka. on 02/19/06 at 1:47 pm

I am bothered?

or

'Am I Bovvered'  ;D ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/06 at 2:14 pm

or

'Am I Bovvered'   ;D ;D
You know what I mean.

Written By: vinyl lover on 02/24/06 at 1:12 am

besides there are some songs that sound like female singers but are really males..and vice versa..(example:hot child in the city-nick gilder)

Check for new replies or respond here...