inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's couples costume ideas

Written By: Moonstruck Dancer on 02/09/06 at 7:52 pm

Help!  My son and his college roommate have to go to a party as an 80's couple.  Anyone come up with good ideas?  I've come up with Hanz & Franz, Wayne and Garth, Bo and Luke Duke, Hall and Oats.  Any other ideas -- cartoons, bands, anything?  Thanks a bunch!

Subject: Re: 80's couples costume ideas

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 02/10/06 at 7:17 am

What about George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley (Wham!) That would be a laugh, CHOOSE LIFE T-shirts, tartan, etc...
I also thought of Kylie Minogue and Jason Donavan, if one is willing to do drag for the night. ;D

Written By: robby76 on 02/10/06 at 9:14 am

Miami Vice were a duo, Bill & Ted for later 80's. Trying to think of more.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 02/11/06 at 12:10 am

What about the cheesy couple of the 80s tabloids - Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson.

Or for pure 80's singing shlock - Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton - from the Islands in the Stream video clip !!

Written By: robby76 on 02/11/06 at 12:12 am

If they were up for dressing as women I reckon 2 guys dressed up as Cagney & Lacey would be a riot... one blonde, one brunette, tweed skirt suit, brown polo necks, brown leather handbags... ha ha!

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/06 at 10:07 pm

How about Hardcastle & McCormick?  One dresses like a judge, the other like a race car driver, and they could even pull up to the party in a red sports car ;D

How about Ponch and Jon from "CHiPs"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/11/06 at 10:26 pm

what about He-Man and She-Ra? Captain Caveman and son?

Written By: Nesman on 02/13/06 at 8:46 pm

I always thought a cool Halloween costume would be Maverick and Goose from TopGun. They could even bring a mike and karaoke "You Lost that Loving Feeling" for hot chicks!! Ha hA!

Check for new replies or respond here...