inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Edwyn Collins and Orange Juice

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/06 at 4:11 pm

The ORANGE JUICE Discography

L.O.V.E. Love
Felicity
Two Hearts Together
I Can't Help Myself
Rip it Up
Flesh of My Flesh
Bridge
What Presence?
Lean Period

The EDWYN COLLINS Discography

Don't Be Shilly Shally
A Girl Like You
The Magic Piper (of Love)
Adidas World

Subject: Re: Edwyn Collins and Orange Juice

Written By: gmann on 02/11/06 at 11:37 am

I voted for "A Girl Like You". It's the obvious choice here in the US, but I  really dig that fuzz guitar! I've been meaning to track down a copy of the Orange Juice compilation, but haven't had the time. Prior to that comp, it's been nigh impossible to find the OJ around here.

Written By: whistledog on 02/12/06 at 2:02 am

I voted for "A Girl Like You". It's the obvious choice here in the US, but I  really dig that fuzz guitar! I've been meaning to track down a copy of the Orange Juice compilation, but haven't had the time. Prior to that comp, it's been nigh impossible to find the OJ around here.

You mean this one here?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006JS6U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Other than that one, you are right.  It is impossible to get Orange Juice stuff anywhere in North America.  Even that collection above is quite scarce, but for a hefty price, not impossible to find.  I was lucky enough to find a brand new unopened copy of it at Goodwill for $3

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/06 at 3:20 am

It has to be 1983 - Rip it Up

Check for new replies or respond here...