inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amerika

Written By: gmann on 02/11/06 at 12:55 pm

Anyone else remember this TV mini-series, circa 1987? Kris Kristofferson and Robert Urich were among the stars in this "what if" scenario of the Soviets occupying the United States and asserting their own government upon the American people. Very Cold War-ish, I suppose, but a decent series, nonetheless.

Subject: Re: Amerika

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 02/12/06 at 1:57 pm

They actually filmed part of this movie in my high school in Nebraska, and I was an extra (although I wound up on the cutting room floor). They had me dressed up as a sort of communist Boy Scout, and I kept the armband (and still have it somewhere), which had the UN logo on it with the acronym UNSSU on it. A friend of mine was actually in a fight scene. It was really neat seeing the movie equipment and how the filmmaking process took place. (Not to mention that the food from the studio caterers was excellent. :))  The movie itself was just OK, but still it was really cool seeing my high school in a nationwide TV movie.

Subject: Re: Amerika

Written By: Tia on 02/12/06 at 3:47 pm

that sounds like fun, very "red dawn."

rats, looks like netflix doesn't have it. can you get it on video or anything?

Check for new replies or respond here...