inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Silent Running

Written By: SpaceHog on 02/13/06 at 7:19 am

I saw the video for M&Mech. "Silent Running"

What happened to the kids dad? At the end of the video, The mom comes into the room, and sees the kid over by the "Holo Box"

What was that song about anyway?

Subject: Re: Silent Running

Written By: Gis on 02/13/06 at 8:14 am

The 4 minute warning before a nuclear holocaust.

Written By: gmann on 02/13/06 at 11:47 am

I saw the video for M&Mech. "Silent Running"

What happened to the kids dad? At the end of the video, The mom comes into the room, and sees the kid over by the "Holo Box"

What was that song about anyway?

I haven't seen the video in years, but I remember it well. Judging by some of the lyrics, I've always interpreted it as a message from a lost loved one to his family warning of a dark future. That's a really generic view, I know. I'm remarkably lazy today.  :)

Trivia: Name the lead singer of Mike and The Mechanics. Hint: he briefy sang lead for Squeeze in the early 80s and a had a huge hit in the 70s with pub-rockers Ace. 

Written By: Watcher29 on 02/13/06 at 12:50 pm

Mike Nesmith, of the Monkees!

Written By: ML on 02/13/06 at 1:55 pm

Trivia: Name the lead singer of Mike and The Mechanics. Hint: he briefy sang lead for Squeeze in the early 80s and a had a huge hit in the 70s with pub-rockers Ace. 

Easy one! That's Paul Carrack, who sang "Tempted" for Squeeze, not to mention "I Need You" and "Don't Shed A Tear" as a solo artist in the 80s.

- - - - -

Listen to Memory LAME Radio, where forgotten pop hits of the 80s live on!
http://www.live365.com/stations/memorylame

Check for new replies or respond here...