inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Louise Tucker - Midnight Blue

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/06 at 12:04 pm

I can't remember if I've done a topic on this already or not, but since there is no search, here goes ...

Anyone remember Louise Tucker?

She is a trained opera singer who in is best known for her 1983 classical based new wave song (and album) Midnight Blue, which became a #1 hit in Scandinavia, Belgium, Holland, Portugal, Spain, Australia, South Africa and most notably Canada where both the album and the single went Platinum.

http://www.geocities.com/godeltsihw/louisetuckermidnightblue.JPG

Oddly enough, the song just missed out by a few spots on both the British Top 40 and the American Top 40.  Regardless, it still became one of the 10 most played records in America, and wound up in the Guiness Book of World Records.

She released a follow-up album in 1984 called "After the Storm" which I love, but I don't know if and where it was a success

Subject: Re: Louise Tucker - Midnight Blue

Written By: ADH13 on 02/14/06 at 12:06 pm

I think the U.S. got "Midnight Blue" by Melissa Manchester.  I don't recall hearing of a Louise Tucker.

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/06 at 12:10 pm

I think the U.S. got "Midnight Blue" by Melissa Manchester.  I don't recall hearing of a Louise Tucker.

Yeah, that was a whole different song.  Lou Gramm (of Foreigner) also had a 1987 solo hit called 'Midnight Blue" :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/14/06 at 12:36 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 02/14/06 at 12:43 pm

Just out of curiousity: where did you get that information? It only reached #13 in Dutch Top 40 (in 1982, btw).

The song was set to a classical tune, composed by Beethoven.

Info came from the music section of her official website http://www.louisetucker.co.uk/About%20Music.html

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/14/06 at 12:48 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: mrgazpacho on 02/18/06 at 6:09 am

Anyone remember Louise Tucker?

ZOMG whistledog, I wuv u!

I have been seaching for the singer of that song for years!

For some reason I got it into my head that it was Linda Ronstadt and could never find her version of it :D

The Beethoven piece the melody comes from is the Second Movement of the Piano Sonata Opus 13 in C Minor ("Pathetique").

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/06 at 10:04 pm

ZOMG whistledog, I wuv u!

I have been seaching for the singer of that song for years!

For some reason I got it into my head that it was Linda Ronstadt and could never find her version of it :D

The Beethoven piece the melody comes from is the Second Movement of the Piano Sonata Opus 13 in C Minor ("Pathetique").

Glad I was of help :)

Written By: Paul on 02/19/06 at 6:14 am

Yes, I remember this one very well...

It got more than its fair share of airplay, but somehow couldn't prise open the collective wallets of the British record-buying public...

The self-same Beethoven piece was used again that year by Billy Joel, when it was used as the chorus for 'This Night' off his squillion-selling 'An Innocent Man' LP...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/06 at 6:20 am

I have the single!

Written By: Paul on 02/19/06 at 9:30 am

I have the single!

Ah! It managed to prise open your collective wallet, Mr. Philip...well done!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/06 at 9:34 am

Ah! It managed to prise open your collective wallet, Mr. Philip...well done!
...and it was the Beethoven that attracted me to this record, and I have never really hear of her since.

Subject: Hush lyrics

Written By: Yara Sophia Koller on 12/10/09 at 6:18 am

I am trying to find the lyrics of the song "Hush" from "Midnight Blue" album, anyone can help on this please?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/09 at 2:22 pm

I am trying to find the lyrics of the song "Hush" from "Midnight Blue" album, anyone can help on this please?
Are the lyrics printed in the album inlay card?

Subject: Louise Tucker - Midnight Blue album - HUSH lyrics

Written By: Yara Sophia Koller on 12/10/09 at 7:06 pm

I have no idea, never seen the album. I was a kid when I heard the song from some cassette.

I searched for its lyrics in vain. Even got other lyrics from the same album, but never this song. I hope someone has a link to where I may find it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/09 at 12:28 pm

I have no idea, never seen the album. I was a kid when I heard the song from some cassette.

I searched for its lyrics in vain. Even got other lyrics from the same album, but never this song. I hope someone has a link to where I may find it.
Quick on eBay right now!

Midnight Blue

Check for new replies or respond here...