inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Voggue - Dancin' the Night Away

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/06 at 3:24 pm

In 1981, Dancin' the Night Away by Voggue reached #39 on the UK charts, and soared to #1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music / Club Play chart.  Anyone remember this song?

http://image.com.com/mp3/images/cover/200/drd000/d022/d0220353yuq.jpg

Voggue were from Canada: Chantal Condor and Angela Songui.

In the late 80's, Chantal would go on to a moderately successful solo career in Canada

Subject: Re: Voggue - Dancin' the Night Away

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/21/06 at 3:34 pm

The B-side is called Roller Boogie, right? At least, that's what we got.

So yeah, I remember that song, and I've got the 7" to prove it. There was no photo of the ladies on the European edition, I'm afraid.
Dancing The Night Away did reasonably well over here, reaching the #22 position. I don't remember any follow-up(s).

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/06 at 9:08 pm

The B-side is called Roller Boogie, right? At least, that's what we got.

So yeah, I remember that song, and I've got the 7" to prove it. There was no photo of the ladies on the European edition, I'm afraid.
Dancing The Night Away did reasonably well over here, reaching the #22 position. I don't remember any follow-up(s).

The B-Side was Roller Boogie yes :)

The pic I posted was the album that they released.  As far as I know, the original sleeve for the 45 was just a standard light blue sleeve with the song/artist on it ...

Written By: FaultyDog on 02/22/06 at 5:08 am

[quote author=whis

Check for new replies or respond here...