inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Altered States

Written By: star500 on 02/22/06 at 10:29 am

This was the oddest movie I have ever seen. I watched it last night with my brother and his girlfriend and I came into it in the middle (at the part when he was having the tea party and all the weird sheesh was happening) and I didnt have any idea what the movie was about. I was like, what the f*ck is this?! So I looked up on imdb and read was it was about and I was like, ohhhh okay....that makes sense. It's an interesting movie if you can get over how incredibly weird it is. The story is about a young doctor who is trying to discover why people get schizophernia and he starts expermenting with all kinds of drugs to try and figure it out. The only thing is, the drugs start to change and transform him....

That's all I will say about the movie because I don't want to give away anything else. Go and rent the movie if you haven't seen it and prepare yourself for quite a trip!

Subject: Re: Altered States

Written By: Tia on 02/22/06 at 10:44 am

ken russell, yes? strange character, that one. "lair of the white worm" really got me scratching my head.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/06 at 5:13 pm

ken russell, yes? strange character, that one. "lair of the white worm" really got me scratching my head.

If you think that's weird..... watch Gothic!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/06 at 5:52 pm

The William Hurt's Dr. Jessup character was based on Dr. John C. Lilly, MD.  Lilly was a consciousness researcher, an expert on dolphins, and an all around excellent psychedelic fellow.  Dr. Jessup's experiments were based on isolation tank experiments conducted by Dr. Lilly.
http://www.levity.com/mavericks/lily-int.htm

BTW, William Hurt was also in "Birdy," a film I mentioned on the "Weird '80s movies" thread!

Check for new replies or respond here...