inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember 'talking' pinball machines like 'Eight Ball Deluxe' ?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/24/06 at 10:19 am

I liked to play 'Eight Ball Deluxe', I thought the fact that it had a voice on it, telling you how well you were doing and even saying 'Oops-bad english' if you 'tilted' was kinda cool...another talker was 'Centaur'...if anyone can think of other pinball machines that talked or had cool music/sound effects, post 'em here....

I wonder if giving pinball machines voices and cooler sounds was that they were trying to keep the profits coming with competition with video games for arcade play?

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember 'talking' pinball machines like 'Eight Ball Deluxe' ?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/06 at 5:42 pm

I'm not sure if it was a talking pinball machine, but I do remember one machine in particular.  The Black Knight. As a kid, it gave me the creeps just looking at it.  ;D

http://www.pinballers.com/Pictures/Black%20Knight%20(1980)/blackknightlarge.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...