inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Megaforce

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/06 at 6:42 pm

Anyone remember the chessetactular classic Megaforce?  It was basically a long extended live action commercial for G.I. Joe.  ;D

The film was about an international anti-terrorist group, who had motorcycles, armoured vehicles, amognst others things, fighting an evil guerrilla army.

It had classic dialogue such as:

Ace Hunter: Here comes The Egg...
Dallas: And that's no "yolk."
Eggstrum: Dallas, when a person doesn't have less on, they have...?
Dallas: "More on"?
Eggstrum: Exactly.

Ace Hunter: Well, there are reasons for everything we do, Major.
Major Zara: And do they include leaving your guests to bake in the middle of the desert, greeted by a cowboy, and be attacked by wild creatures?
Ace Hunter: Well, if it's a comfortable tour you're looking for, I have connections... at DisneyLand!

Dallas: Well, I know how you feel, and I've been there myself. Let me see. One time before I made a jump into the night, an old buddy of mine told me something that made me feel a whole lot better.
Ace Hunter: What, what did he tell you to do?
Dallas: Well, he said, "You love 'em in blue and you love them in red. But most of all you love them in blue."
Ace Hunter: That's totally inapplicable to anything that's going on here. And it's _dumb_. Who told you that?
Dallas: You did!
Ace Hunter: But it's very wise. Very wise.

Ace Hunter: Oh, I just wanted to say good-bye and remind you that the good guys always win, even in the eighties.

Guerera:  You're an idealist! In the 70's we could be idealists!

Subject: Re: Megaforce

Written By: whistledog on 02/24/06 at 6:44 pm

I do remember this movie.  It was so very cheesy, which is what made it great 8)

I love the title song to the movie .. "Megaforce" by 707

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/06 at 6:46 pm

Interstingly enough Frehley's Comet did a cover called "Calling For You", with lyrics of the song changed.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/26/06 at 8:40 pm

The only Megaforce I remember from the 80's is Megaforce Records...of course some of the early 80's best 'underground'(back then)metal bands were on that label, and the label was based in NJ...

Written By: Tony J Case on 03/01/06 at 2:35 am

I rented Megaforce just last year for my Easter Bad Movie Marathon - oh, it was glorious! I love every moment of it, right down to the amazing ending. What a classic so bad it's good film.

If this ever wound up on DVD, I am *SO* buying it! Hell, I might rent it again and dump it to DVD myself!

Check for new replies or respond here...