inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: George Michael Arrested on Drug Charges...

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 02/27/06 at 5:06 am

From www.imdb.com:

George Michael was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs in the early hours of yesterday morning after he was discovered slumped at the wheel of his car in central London. The singer was woken up by police, who had been alerted by a concerned passer-by, as he sat in his vehicle near the British capital's Hyde Park Corner at approximately 1:50am. Michael, 42, was suspected of being unfit to drive and was immediately arrested and taken to a nearby police station. Cops allegedly found two packets containing cannabis in his car. A police doctor later determined Michael had been capable of driving, although the singer still faces action over the alleged drugs possession. He was bailed at 9am yesterday and must return to West End Central police station next month when the substances have been analyzed. A police spokesman says "We were called by a member of the public to a man seen slumped over the steering wheel of a car. Police spoke to the 42-year-old man. A search revealed what are believed to be controlled substances. He was subsequently arrested." In November, Michael spoke of his cannabis addiction as his "biggest regret in life."

Subject: Re: George Michael Arrested on Drug Charges...

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/27/06 at 4:16 pm

Eh, weed.  Who cares?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/27/06 at 4:17 pm

Why is this news?  George Michael hasn't had a hit since what, 1987?  I felt the same way when Boy George was arrested........why do people think we care?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/27/06 at 4:18 pm

Why is this news?  George Michael hasn't had a hit since what, 1987?  I felt the same way when Boy George was arrested........why do people think we care?

I think his last hits were in the early nineties.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/27/06 at 4:19 pm

I think his last hits were in the early nineties.

Early 90s, 1987.......to-may-toe, to-mah-toe......what's the diff?

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/27/06 at 5:03 pm

Michael Jackson, George Michael, Boy George...joining the long, long list of basically washed-up '80s stars. And Madonna looked skeletal in some stills from her latest video, "Sorry", that I saw, she needs to quit Kabbalah, go reaffirm her Italian-American heritage, move away from England, and gain about 30 pounds.

Written By: whistledog on 02/27/06 at 7:00 pm

George Michael still has hits.  He's just not as popular in America as he once was  :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/27/06 at 10:47 pm

Michael Jackson, George Michael, Boy George...joining the long, long list of basically washed-up '80s stars. And Madonna looked skeletal in some stills from her latest video, "Sorry", that I saw, she needs to quit Kabbalah, go reaffirm her Italian-American heritage, move away from England, and gain about 30 pounds.

I agree...she was so much more attractive when she wasn't so thin and frail looking. :-\\

Written By: spaceace on 02/28/06 at 11:55 am

George Michael is a "Pothead".  Big freakin' deal.  So where do we send the doritos?  You know he's got the munchies. ;)

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/28/06 at 12:38 pm

I agree...she was so much more attractive when she wasn't so thin and frail looking. :-\\

I'm seriously worried about her, I think she overexercises. She's nearly 48 for god's sake, and she wasn't that thin in the first place! Chill, girlfriend!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/28/06 at 1:09 pm

I'm seriously worried about her, I think she overexercises. She's nearly 48 for god's sake, and she wasn't that thin in the first place! Chill, girlfriend!

ya, tell me about it! :D  I really liked her during her, "Like a Prayer" days....she even looked really nice with dark hair.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/28/06 at 2:25 pm

I think the girl just likes to dance (but she's got some very mean arms - she'd beat me up like she was in the mafia)

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/28/06 at 5:44 pm

I think the girl just likes to dance (but she's got some very mean arms - she'd beat me up like she was in the mafia)

Apparently, she is an exercise nut. That was never the impression I got of her before she turned 40...now she must think to maintain herself in the public eye she has to kiss Britney Spears and be frighteningly underweight. She's almost unrecognizable in the video for "Sorry", I mean part of it is the long curly hair and the aging, but she'd look better with more weight in the face.

Check for new replies or respond here...