inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Written By: star500 on 02/27/06 at 8:44 pm

Hey anyone remember this movie? It is an awesome movie. It had Sarah Jessica Parker, Helen Hunt, Lee Montgomery (SOOO Hot! ;)) and Jonathan Silverman. The plot is so simple even an 8 year old could understand it. It's about a teenage girl named Janey (Parker) who loves to dance. One day, while staying with her friend Lynne (Hunt) while she is babysitting she hears about a contest that is being held on D-TV (dancing show) She and her friend decide they want to enter and the rest as they say is history! Her partner is Jeff (Montgomery) who is a good dancer but has a little bit of attitude, but she gets him to drop the attitude and they fall in love and dance their way into the finals...but not without some adventures along the way! I don't want to give away the end so I will not say anything more.

This movie is definitely a chick flick but guys might enjoy it too. It's funny and wacky and a little bit of a kooky movie. It's also one of my favorite movies. We used to have a really crappy Starmaker VHS (remember those? :P) Luckly, Anchor Bay released it on DVD and I bought a copy last year so now I can enjoy this movie over and over again without having to worry about the tape breaking in the machine. Definitely a movie that anyone who loves to dance should rent or buy! :)

Subject: Re: Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/27/06 at 9:16 pm

I've heard the song  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/27/06 at 10:37 pm

yes, that's a great 80's flick! ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/27/06 at 11:10 pm

Saw it once, it's a pretty good film.

Written By: Electric Youth on 02/27/06 at 11:18 pm

Didn't like it and can't stand Sarah Jessica Parker, who's a horrible actress and not much to look at.

Can't believe she's still popular...  :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/27/06 at 11:18 pm

Didn't like it and can't stand Sarah Jessica Parker, who's a horrible actress and not much to look at.

Can't believe she's still popular...   :P

meh, no worse than Deborah Gibson ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...