inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Soul Man

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/28/06 at 6:52 pm

I was watching I Love the '80s Strikes Back and they did the movie "Soul Man".  Is that un-PC or what?  ;D

Subject: Re: Soul Man

Written By: whistledog on 02/28/06 at 8:06 pm

I remember when this movie came out it raised alot of eyebrows because of what the movie was about.  Now, it still raises alot of eyebrows, but for something totally different .. "You mean Leslie Nielsen was once a serious actor?" :o ;D

Written By: LLeeLee on 02/28/06 at 10:48 pm

I was watching I Love the '80s Strikes Back and they did the movie "Soul Man".  Is that un-PC or what?  ;D

That movie was very un-pc. Its hard to believe that movie was ever made and an respected actor like James Earl Jones  was in it. I dont remember every scene. There were some funny moments. Another thing  C.Thomas Howell did not look black at all in that movie. I think Ronald Reagan's  son was in it too. :-\\

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/01/06 at 12:00 am

That movie was one of the stupidest movies I have ever heard of.  I can't believe that in the 20th century, the 80s no less, anyone would allow a movie where a white actor is wearing blackface. 

Written By: vinyl lover on 03/03/06 at 11:17 pm

despite all the critics..i enjoyed that movie..i could see it over and over again...the one liners were hilarious and the stupid racist jokes even made me laugh....its all in good fun..dont forget,its a movie

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 03/04/06 at 3:17 am

I laugh my head off at the scene, where he pretends to be a bunch of different people, in different places, at the same time.

Check for new replies or respond here...