inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song Battles...

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/03/06 at 1:56 am

Don't know if this idea will catch on (typically self-defacing statement), but I'm going to start a song 'battle.' I.e. choose which of the two songs you prefer. I didn't put it in the Board games board because I wanted to do it by decade. You can add comments if you wish. First one...

'I Know What Boys Like' - The Waitresses (1982) (got to love it, but hate it at the same time) vs 'Manic Monday' - The Buggles

Subject: Re: Song Battles...

Written By: ADH13 on 03/03/06 at 2:09 am

I think you mean The Bangles??  Anyway I'd choose Manic Monday :D

Written By: ragebass on 03/03/06 at 2:12 am

Manic Monday - The Bangles

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/06 at 2:14 am

I don't like that Waitresses song so the obvious (and only) choice would be Manic Monday by The Bangles.  If it was The Buggles, then Video Killed Manic Monday? ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 03/03/06 at 2:19 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/06 at 2:20 am

Either that or Manic Monday Killed The Radio Star. :D

or how about Video Killed the Radio Star on Manic Monday :D

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/03/06 at 6:25 pm

The Buggles did "Video Killed the Radio Star", the first video to air on MTV, the Bangles did "Manic Monday." And I choose "Manic Monday", endlessly catchy...I always thought Prince's best stuff was when he wasn't writing for himself.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/03/06 at 8:19 pm

My mistake...

Everybody Want's To Rule The World - Tears for Fears vs. Forever Young - Duran Duran

Written By: lleelee on 03/03/06 at 11:46 pm

My mistake...

Everybody Want's To Rule The World - Tears for Fears vs. Forever Young - Duran Duran

I dont know Forever Yong by Duran Duran I guess that what makes it easier to vote for Tears for Fears. 8)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/04/06 at 3:10 pm

I dont know Forever Yong by Duran Duran I guess that what makes it easier to vote for Tears for Fears. 8)

Same here... I wonder if he's thinking of Forever Young by Alphaville?

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/05/06 at 5:21 am

I think I must have labelled my version of the song wrong...yeah I meant 'Forever Young' by the Alphaville (it was recently covered by 'Youth Group' and was played on the O.C.).

Check for new replies or respond here...