inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Teen Sex Comedies

Written By: LLeelee on 03/03/06 at 11:42 pm

The movie Porky's was a hugely popular movie, of course the  premise was teenage boys trying to get some. I bet more people seen that movie than 'Chariots of Fire' that came out the same year. From a period of 5 years after 1981 (maybe more), Hollywood put a sleuth of B films, aimed at the teen market, of boys trying to look at naked girls or just trying to get sex. I remember "Losing It, The Last American Vigin, Private School, Hardbodies, and I think one called Weekend Pass. Now these films were very cheesy but funny. I know there's a larger list what can you remember? ::)

Subject: Re: Teen Sex Comedies

Written By: whistledog on 03/04/06 at 12:51 am

One of my favourites was a 1985 film called "Private Resort" starring then unknown actors Rob Morrow and Johnny Depp

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/04/06 at 1:04 am

Somebody's got to make a Brokeback Weird Science.  ;D

Written By: swso2006 on 03/04/06 at 3:49 am

Wow, there's so many. I loved Up the Academy, Little Darlings(Kristy Mcnichol, Tatum O'neal, and Matt Dillion), Private Lessons, Spring Break, Up the Creek, Ski Patrol, Hot Dog The Movie. There are so many more, but I can't think of them. The plots were so bad, but we weren't watching for the the plot!!!!
In some ways, you could get away with more in the 80's,than you can now. Those movies were so raunchy!!!!!
Scott

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/04/06 at 6:14 pm

Meatballs 3

Written By: Max Headroom on 03/06/06 at 11:57 am

I remember H.O.T.S. and Hollywood Hot Tubs.

Written By: Tia on 03/06/06 at 12:30 pm

hot dog!

joysticks was probably the worst.

Written By: conker on 03/07/06 at 1:34 pm

The Sure Thing - more about sex than actual sex
Private Lessons
Bachelor Party....ahh the good old days

Written By: Mushroom on 03/07/06 at 6:13 pm

I remember H.O.T.S. and Hollywood Hot Tubs.

Hollywood Hot Tubs!  LOL.  About 7 years ago, I helped run a Casting Agency with the guy who played Warbaby from that movie.  Talk about a looser!

Of course, you all seem to have forgotten "Zapped!", with Scott Baio.  Ya gotta love when a teen gets telekenetic powers, and uses it to take the clothes off of women.  ;D

Then another favorite is "Just One Of The Guys".

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/07/06 at 6:15 pm

I think the revival of teen sex comedies from about 1999 on is part of the whole '80s revival, along with big-budget, epic sci-fi and primetime dramas, and historical biopics.

Check for new replies or respond here...