inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thoughts on Winger...

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/05/06 at 5:36 pm

One of the most ridiculed hair bands of the '80s and a common joke on "Beavis & Butt-Head" (written on Stewart's shirt)...

What's your take?

Though "Seventeen" has OK guitar riffs, but the lyrics are very, very wrong

Though I've read that Kip Winger used to play with well respected Alice Cooper.

Subject: Re: Thoughts on Winger...

Written By: whistledog on 03/05/06 at 6:10 pm

The lyrics of "Seventeen" are so wrong.  I remember the controversy it caused back in the day, which is probably what kept it out of the top 20 (though it still made the top 30)

Kip Winger also had a late 1989 solo hit duet with Fiona called "Everything You Do You're Sexing Me"

Written By: livinonthe80s on 03/05/06 at 6:57 pm

Man the guitar playing on 17 was the awesome, the rhythm playing was so busy along with the awesome solo.  Who cares about the lyrics as long as you don't go out there and do it.  Reb Beach is an awesome guitar player who is well rounded.  Being a studio musician, you gotta be talented.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/05/06 at 7:00 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/05/06 at 7:13 pm

Winger dosent bother me that much. I'm not saying there my favoirte band of all time or anything but I kind of like "Headed for a Heartbreak"

Check for new replies or respond here...