inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Altered Images

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/06 at 2:13 am

Anyone else love the 80's New Wave group Altered Images?  From 1981-1983, they reached the UK charts 8 times.

1981 - Dead Pop Stars (UK #67)
1981 - Happy Birthday (UK #2)
1981 - I Could Be Happy (UK #7)
1982 - See Those Eyes (UK #11)
1982 - Pinky Blue (UK #35)
1983 - Don't Talk to Me About Love (UK #7)
1983 - Bring Me Closer (UK #29)
1983 - Love to Stay (UK #46)

When Altered Images called it quits, founding member Johnny McElhone went onto success in 1986 with the band Hipsway (best known for their 1986 hit 'The Honeythief') and the hugely successful band Texas, whom still remain popular today.  Although Texas have had lots of UK hits, their one and only chart hit in America was 'I Don't Want A Lover' in 1989

Subject: Re: Altered Images

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/06 at 2:15 am

Always like Clare Grogan especially in Gregory's Girl.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/08/06 at 2:15 am

The only one of those that I know is "Happy Birthday" and that is only because it was featured in the movie "Sixteen Candles".  I don't like that song though. :-\\

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 03/08/06 at 4:16 am

"Don't Talk to Me About Love" is one of my all-time favorite 80s songs! I love Clare Grogan's voice!!! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/06 at 1:38 pm

Is Clare Grogan still performing today?

Written By: whistledog on 03/08/06 at 1:44 pm

Is Clare Grogan still performing today?

Altered Images reunited in around 2002 for a tour.  They went out on tour with Toyah Wilcox and Nick Heyward.  All those big stars on one stage :o ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/06 at 1:45 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: SingBlueSilver on 03/08/06 at 4:34 pm

Wow - thanks for reminding me of Altered Images.  I remember really loving their music and this post makes me think about looking for some of their stuff to buy and listen to now! 

This is going to sound strange, but in a very small strange sort of way, Letters to Cleo reminds me just a teeny bit of them. 

Written By: Wes on 03/13/06 at 12:43 pm

I remember seeing their videos on "Nick Rocks: Video to Go".  I don't think I ever saw them on MTV.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...