inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did the era in which you got pierced determine the number of holes in your ears?

Written By: KKay on 03/08/06 at 10:52 am

I had my ears piered in the early 80s.  I had two on one side and three on the other and none anywhere else..
when did you get pierced and did the fashion of the times dictate the number of them?

Subject: Re: Did the era in which you got pierced determine the number of holes in your ears?

Written By: karen on 03/08/06 at 11:36 am

Perhaps.  I had my ears pierced when i was about 7 so it was 1976/77.  Therefore I just have one in each ear

Subject: Re: Did the era in which you got pierced determine the number of holes in your ears?

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 03/09/06 at 12:09 pm

Possibly..I got one in each ear when I was 12 (1983) and then got one more in each ear when I was about 16-17..because I wanted to wear a stud in one hole and those really long ones in the bottom holes... :-\\

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/09/06 at 12:32 pm

If you had any youth after about 1993, you may have a hole in a lot of, um, other places.  ;D

Subject: Re: Did the era in which you got pierced determine the number of holes in your e

Written By: La Roche on 03/09/06 at 12:37 pm

Errrm, last few years.

I have two in each ear.
One in my nose.
Labret.
Errr.. nothing else.

I think it all depends on what you want to be honest. I see a lot of guys wearing stud earings and such, I'm still very much a hoop man.

Subject: Re: Did the era in which you got pierced determine the number of holes in your e

Written By: KKay on 03/09/06 at 12:40 pm

Errrm, last few years.

I have two in each ear.
One in my nose.
Labret.
Errr.. nothing else.

I think it all depends on what you want to be honest. I see a lot of guys wearing stud earings and such, I'm still very much a hoop man.

I had one in my bellybutton.
I did it my self and it was a very good job.
Then one day (fellas, you better hang on to your girlfriends)
I was taking off my tights and YOINK!
well, not so much Yoik as RRIP!
Yes, that hurt. 
I yelled.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/09/06 at 12:40 pm

If I did, it would be one on the top of my ear with a chai, and one on the bottom with another chai.

Written By: KKay on 03/09/06 at 12:41 pm

If I did, it would be one on the top of my ear with a chai, and one on the bottom with another chai.

Can you find a picture of something like that?

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 03/09/06 at 12:44 pm

If you had any youth after about 1993, you may have a hole in a lot of, um, other places.  ;D

The only 'youth' I  had after 1993 were my kids..in fact my oldest son was BORN in 1993.. :-\\

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/09/06 at 12:45 pm

The only 'youth' I  had after 1993 were my kids..in fact my oldest son was BORN in 1993.. :-\\

I didn't mean it that way  ;D

I meant if you were still young yourself after 1993, you might get a nose piercing or something.

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 03/09/06 at 12:47 pm

I didn't mean it that way  ;D

I meant if you were still young yourself after 1993, you might get a nose piercing or something.

I knew what you meant...sorry my sarcasm wasn't obvious.. :-\\

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/09/06 at 12:51 pm

I knew what you meant...sorry my sarcasm wasn't obvious.. :-\\

It's all good :)

Written By: karen on 03/10/06 at 5:09 am

A friend of mine had piercings in interesting places in the 80s.  In fact he could have had them since the 70s but I never asked him.

It's not only youths who pierce their noses.  Someone I know in the early 40s had her nose pierced a couple of years ago.  I thought about having it done but I didn't feel confident about it suiting me.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/10/06 at 3:42 pm

I had mine pierced in 1984, and I just went with the traditional two holes (one in each ear).. :)

Written By: Paul on 03/10/06 at 3:50 pm

One hole in each ear...

(...they're what I listen with!)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/10/06 at 3:53 pm

One hole in each ear...

(...they're what I listen with!)

You are silly!  ;D

Written By: Paul on 03/10/06 at 4:32 pm

You are silly!  ;D

I blame the coffee...

(...anyway, you wouldn't want me any other way!)

Written By: kairi747 on 03/12/06 at 6:56 am

I had my ears piered in the early 80s.  I had two on one side and three on the other and none anywhere else..
when did you get pierced and did the fashion of the times dictate the number of them?

i have the same as you.  i had one in each year when i was 10.  when i was 18 i got a 2nd in my right ear and when i was 19 i got a 2nd in my left ear and a 3rd in my right ear.  in the 80's i liked to wear two matching earringson one side and studs or hoops in the other holes.  and guess what?  i've decided to bring that look back so i'm doing it again and i really like it - especially since long dangling earrings are in style now, it seems to work!

Check for new replies or respond here...