inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Field of Dreams

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/06 at 9:14 pm

Anyone here heard of Field of Dreams ?  It's a great film, the ending is pretty sad.

Subject: Re: Field of Dreams

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/06 at 9:43 pm

"If you will build it, he will come"

I loved this movie.  It was excellent.  It was a sad ending .. like happy sad. 

I think KEvin Costner is at his best when he's in baseball movies.  Of the 4 of them he has done, I loved all 4 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/13/06 at 9:48 pm

This is one of my favorite movies....such a neat idea for a movie! ;)

Written By: gmann on 03/14/06 at 11:25 am

"Field of Dreams" is one of my favorite films of all time. My father-in-law is said to have cried when he saw it, probably because the relationship between Costner and his father was similar to his own. .

Written By: Bury_Manilow on 03/14/06 at 9:31 pm

Field Of Dreams was one of the favorite movies of my old college girlfriend, so being as I lived only about 80 miles from the filming location, we took a trip up to Dyersville, IA one weekend in 1989.  It was pretty neat seeing and walking around the ball diamond, house, cornfield, etc.  I was extremely impressed that the land owners did not charge any sort of admission fee or partake in any sort of cheesy exploitative marketing; the only thing they had was a donation box for upkeep of the ball diamond, grounds keeping, etc.

Check for new replies or respond here...