inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NEW He-Man movie set for release soon!

Written By: Satish on 03/17/06 at 9:10 pm

I just read that they're making a new, live-action He-Man movie that should be released this year or next. Action-filmmaker extraordinnaire John Woo, the director of Mission: Impossible 2 and Face/Off, is set to direct:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117911339?categoryId=13&cs=1

They've got a huge budget and blockbuster special effects in support of this movie, and John Woo's a master filmmaker, so this ought to be good. It'll be great to see one of the beloved children's cartoon characters from the 80s given the first-class, big-screen treatment.

This'll also be good in that it'll make everyone forget about the lame Masters of the Universe movie they made back in 1987. That was corny to the max! A prime serving of 80s cheesiness. Everyone should definitely have it erased from their memories!

Subject: Re: NEW He-Man movie set for release soon!

Written By: whistledog on 03/17/06 at 9:13 pm

The original from 1987 wasn't bad ... but they could have done without that Gwildor dude.  He was almost as annoying as Jar Jar from Star Wars

I can hardly wait to find out who will play He-Man.  I think it should be an unknown.  If they put a big star in the role, I just bet the jokes are gonna start to fly

Written By: robby76 on 03/17/06 at 9:28 pm

I hope they don't make the film too dark. They need to keep the whole essence of the original cartoon!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/18/06 at 11:27 am

I have heard about a movie possibly being made.

Check for new replies or respond here...