inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Not Necessarily The News

Written By: Carl on 03/18/06 at 10:45 am

Shown on HBO, I always enjoyed watching this show! My favorite skit was about 'Sniglets', words that should be in the dictionary but aren't. I'm sure we have some NNTN fans on here.

Subject: Re: Not Necessarily The News

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/18/06 at 12:01 pm

I remember this show. They used to always poke fun at Reagan, and they made some really funny skits using clever editing of news footage combined with comic actors.

I don't remember a whole lot of the sketches, but there was this one where Reagan is standing at the presidential podium, silent and with his head bowed. The people at NNTN then spliced in a clip where the top of the podium opens up, and a guy hidden inside looks up and whispers, "Psst...God bless America!" Then they cut back to Reagan standing at the podium, and he looks up and says, "God bless America..."

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/18/06 at 11:21 pm

I do remember this show. I also remember the Sniglets - I think I even made a thread just for "Sniglets"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/06 at 2:56 pm

I LOVED that show-thought it was great. I won tickets to go see Rich Hall live at a local comedy club and yes, he did his snigglets bit.

I remember a couple of the skits. The one that stands out in my mind was Ronald & Nancy Reagan were standing there and Nancy had her arm around him. Then they showed his back and she was moving a level up and down like a ventriloquist dummy. Cracked me up.

And there was the one where many people in Congress had one of those no-doze alarms so if your head drooped when you were driving it would wake you up. And I think it was Reagan giving a speech and heads were nodding and you kept hearing those buzzers go off.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...