inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alice - The TV Show

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/18/06 at 11:23 pm

I believe "Alice" the TV show was a spin-off of the film, "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore." I loved the TV show growing up. I used to watch it religiously, but somehow stopped I think when it got switched to a different hour.

Subject: Re: Alice - The TV Show

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/06 at 11:26 pm

I used to watch this show all the time too.  I remember in one episode, they crossed over with the Dukes of Hazzard when Boss Hogg paid a visit to Mel's Diner.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/18/06 at 11:29 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/19/06 at 2:20 pm

I liked Mel, the resteraunt owner, even though he barely paid anyone, and was a jerk most of the time.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/06 at 2:49 pm

Yes, the t.v. show Alice was loosely based on the movie Alice Doesn't Live here Anymore. I liked the show for the most part but I never did like Linda Lavin (Alice) and Philip McKeon (Tommy). But everyone else I loved. Mel (Vic Tayback), Vera (Beth Howland) and Flo (Polly Holliday). But after Polly Holliday left, I think the show went downhill from there.

BTW, Philip McKeon is Nancy McKeon (Jo from the Facts of Life)'s brother.

Cat

Written By: Elfkin9 on 03/20/06 at 5:00 pm

Ha funny thread! I was just watching Alice online. I think AOL just made alot of tv shows from the 70's and 80's free.
Here's a link I found for the Alice page. Its amazing that you can just park yourself in front of the computer and watch all the shows.. I'm loving that I don't have to buy the Growing Pains dvd either. http://television.aol.com/in2tv/alice_tv?ncid=AOLETV00050000000002
I've been watching the episodes during work!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/21/06 at 1:15 am

Yes, the t.v. show Alice was loosely based on the movie Alice Doesn't Live here Anymore. I liked the show for the most part but I never did like Linda Lavin (Alice) and Philip McKeon (Tommy). But everyone else I loved. Mel (Vic Tayback), Vera (Beth Howland) and Flo (Polly Holliday). But after Polly Holliday left, I think the show went downhill from there.

Cat

Thanks for that trivia. I had no idea Philip McKeon was Nancy's brother - how funny! Linda Lavin seemed like she didn'twant to be there sometimes, but overall, I thought her character was fair enough.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/21/06 at 1:12 pm

I believe "Alice" the TV show was a spin-off of the film, "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore." I loved the TV show growing up. I used to watch it religiously, but somehow stopped I think when it got switched to a different hour.

I, too, watched it all the time when it was on the air...funny show!  8)

BTW, UltraViolet...I really like your avatar pic of the flowers!  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/21/06 at 1:14 pm

Cat

I always thought Philip was a cutie!  :D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/21/06 at 1:43 pm

I, too, watched it all the time when it was on the air...funny show!  8)

BTW, UltraViolet...I really like your avatar pic of the flowers!  :)

Yeah, for some weird reason I remember when the show would end, they'd have the Time Warner thing at the end. I don't know if anyone remembers that image, but it would sort of do a cursive thing and turn into a W. I am not sure if that was exactly how that went as it's been years since I saw that..

Thank you, I took the picture myself last Saturday :0)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/21/06 at 1:45 pm

Yeah, for some weird reason I remember when the show would end, they'd have the Time Warner thing at the end. I don't know if anyone remembers that image, but it would sort of do a cursive thing and turn into a W. I am not sure if that was exactly how that went as it's been years since I saw that..

I can't say I remember that... ???

Thank you, I took the picture myself last Saturday :0)

You're welcome.  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/21/06 at 1:52 pm

I can't say I remember that... ???

You're welcome.  :)

I seemed to take notice of weird stuff like that..  :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/06 at 3:56 pm

Ha funny thread! I was just watching Alice online. I think AOL just made alot of tv shows from the 70's and 80's free.
Here's a link I found for the Alice page. Its amazing that you can just park yourself in front of the computer and watch all the shows.. I'm loving that I don't have to buy the Growing Pains dvd either. http://television.aol.com/in2tv/alice_tv?ncid=AOLETV00050000000002

I think this is the best discovery on the internet!  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: pell on 03/30/06 at 12:22 am

I loved the show and used to watch it in reruns all the time.

Sadly, the service is not available for Mac users. You have to have Windows XP, because of its built-in copy protection with Windows Media Player.

Written By: stevefrom78 on 03/30/06 at 2:13 pm

All I remember is "Kiss my Gritts" :D

Check for new replies or respond here...