inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh is creepy

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/25/06 at 5:13 pm

Does anyone think Winnie the Pooh is creepy?  He wears a shirt, but no pants.  Rabbit is supposedly a guy, but I still think of "him" as a girl. 

They can't spell.  "Hunny", wtf?  Not to mention Owl is really creepy, and Gopher is a gothy recluse, living underground and only appearing in like one of three episodes.  And Eeyore, he's like suicidal.  Tigger's on speed.

Subject: Re: Why The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh is creepy

Written By: SpaceHog on 03/25/06 at 7:30 pm

LOL.

They're from Canada if thats what you are trying to point out.

P.S.: no offense to Canadaians, I love canada.

Written By: Skippy on 03/26/06 at 1:15 am

Does anyone think Winnie the Pooh is creepy?  He wears a shirt, but no pants.  Rabbit is supposedly a guy, but I still think of "him" as a girl. 

They can't spell.  "Hunny", wtf?  Not to mention Owl is really creepy, and Gopher is a gothy recluse, living underground and only appearing in like one of three episodes.  And Eeyore, he's like suicidal.  Tigger's on speed.

I like the 'Pooh Man'. If you ever watched the original episodes you'll see that they've managed to stay very true to them, except for accent. The originals had a British narrator and Christopher Robin had a British voice also. It's a 'toon man, the original episodes were made when people were still allowed to use their imaginations, before the guv'ment told you how to think. They may be bumbling idiots, but hey, they got stuffing for brains.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/26/06 at 9:24 am

;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/26/06 at 11:58 am

What do you mean, Winnie the Pooh's never been too fond of a shirt...why he doesn't dispense with clothes altogether is beyond me.

Maybe there is something quite dark and sordid going on in 100 acre wood.

Written By: star500 on 03/26/06 at 1:44 pm

What do you mean, Winnie the Pooh's never been too fond of a shirt...why he doesn't dispense with clothes altogether is beyond me.

Maybe there is something quite dark and sordid going on in 100 acre wood.

Yeah...Winnie wants to get it on with Piglet. But Piglet wants to have a threesome with Tigger. And Rabbit feels left out so they decide to let him in on the fun as well. ;D

Just kidding...but seriously, to everyone who takes this show so seriously--LIGHTEN UP! It's meant for children and it's supposed to be lighthearted. So Pooh doesn't wear pants--neither do babies but we don't get on their case about it.

The only reason they spell it Hunny is that is the way most children spell it. They have been known to be notoriously bad spellers, you know. ;)

Eeyore is not suicidal, he is just depressed because he doesn't have a home. And Tigger is not on speed--haven't you ever heard of ADD? He might just have ADD or maybe he is just hyper, like most children are.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/26/06 at 6:18 pm

And Donald Duck doesn't wear pants.....  Kind of creepy, isn't it?  ;D

Written By: Dukefan on 03/26/06 at 7:43 pm

Rabbit is supposedly a guy, but I still think of "him" as a girl. 

I have a similar conflict, but with a different character. 

I've always thought of Rabbit as a guy.  Piglet is the one I'm confused about.  :D

Written By: Webstor on 03/26/06 at 9:07 pm

These stories are meant to be really innocent.
They were written by A.A. Milne back in the day of our parents.....and this is Disney's version of them.
Christopher Robin is a kid on the brink of NOT being a kid anymore...and these animals represnt his childhood.  They are all actually stuffed animals in his room that he plays with.

He created the "100 acre wood" with his imagination for all of his animal friends to live

Check for new replies or respond here...