inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for ghost castle-movie

Written By: Bob on 03/26/06 at 6:29 pm

I remember a movie from my childhood (I was born 1981) which a watched alot with my sister and mom. But I can't remember the name of the movie.

It takes place in a castle. I think the movies name is the name of the castle. A family goes there, it's very big and I think there is alot of trees before they reach the castle. I don't remember why they are at that castle. The family consists of a mom, a dad and I think one little brother and bigger sister. The girl is about 15 and the boy around 8-10.

The first night in the castle a ghost apears and try to scare them away. The sister I do believe tries to escape, or if she finds the ghost, don't remember. The ghost is a old man and someone in the family finds him thru the wall in an open stow. He is actually kind.

It's a drama movie, not a horror movie.

Don't remember much more than that. Can anyone please help me with the name of the movie?

Subject: Re: Looking for ghost castle-movie

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/26/06 at 6:34 pm

It sounds a bit like the Canterville Ghost. There were several versions made of it. It was based on a short story by Oscar Wilde.

Cat

Written By: Bob on 03/26/06 at 6:45 pm

Canterville! Yes, it sounds very much like it could be it. The name rings a bell. I think it's it!

Several versions, hmm =/ I don't remember any of the cast members. But if I saw the movie I think I would recognize it very fast.

Thank you very much for your fast help! =)

Written By: Watcher29 on 03/27/06 at 7:44 am

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=The+Canterville+Ghost

This should be all of them. You'll just have to go through it and find the one you want.

I remember the one with Patrick Stewart. It was pretty cool.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/27/06 at 3:47 pm

Canterville! Yes, it sounds very much like it could be it. The name rings a bell. I think it's it!

Several versions, hmm =/ I don't remember any of the cast members. But if I saw the movie I think I would recognize it very fast.

Thank you very much for your fast help! =)

The one I have is with John Gielgud, Ted Wass, and Alyssa Milano. A very good version of it if I say so myself. That is the one that I recommend. But, I haven't seen the one with Patrick Stewart so I can't say whether it is good or bad. (But Patrick Stewart is a great actor so who knows...)

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...