inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Little Shop of Horrors

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/30/06 at 10:13 am

Who here has seen this film?  I like really it alot, I especially liked Steve Martin as the dentist.  ;D

Subject: Re: Little Shop of Horrors

Written By: La Roche on 03/30/06 at 10:16 am

Who here has seen this film?  I like really it alot, I especially liked Steve Martin as the dentist.  ;D

OOH O0H OOH!

Great film love it!

Good taste from Jamie McBain.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/30/06 at 10:23 am

Thanks!

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 03/30/06 at 11:17 am

Yeah, it's with Rick Moranis where he has that plant that bit people kind of like a venus fly trap. I remember seeing that movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/30/06 at 1:01 pm

Never seen the show or movie, but the songs are great!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/06 at 4:22 pm

Never really cared too much for the movie but I do LOVE Steve Martin doing the Dentist Song. That is the only part of the movie that I like.

Cat

Written By: TheRemf on 03/30/06 at 5:20 pm

I went to the movie really wanting to like it and walked out about a half hour into it.  I don't know how they could make a big-budget film that managed to not even live up to the expectations of the original, which had a $100,000 budget and was filmed in 2 weeks, but they sure did.  Steve Martin's bit was a high point, but he couldn't save it any more than his "Maxwell''s Silver Hammer" could save the "Sergeant Pepper" movie. 

Written By: rich1981 on 03/31/06 at 12:36 am

I liked this movie, I remember seeing it on Comedy Central a couple years back.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl Guest on 04/01/06 at 11:53 am

Never really cared too much for the movie but I do LOVE Steve Martin doing the Dentist Song. That is the only part of the movie that I like.

Cat

I agree with Cat. Steve Martins Dentist song was great and the only bit of the entire film that lived up to the original musical for me. I went to the musical so many times in the 80s. The dentist was played by the same guy who played Frank in so many Rocky Horror productions here back then so I had a good reason to go most nights !!

Written By: stevefrom78 on 04/04/06 at 9:02 am

I can still sing every lyric to the "Be a dentist" song Steve Martin sang. They used the Motown legend Levy Stubbs from the Four Topps as the voice of the plant. And real life best friends Tichina Arnold and Tisha Cambell (Pam and Gina from the show Martin)as two of the in-movie back up singers.

Check for new replies or respond here...