inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Was Bill Cosby just in removing Lisa Bonet due to that AngelHeart movie?

Written By: nina on 03/31/06 at 5:53 am

Any opinions on this? I mean, if I remember correctly, Bill Cosby was upset because Bonet was nude in that movie and didn't want her on the show anymore, so a spinoff was made. But then she was only on the spin off for a short time?  :P

Subject: Re: Was Bill Cosby just in removing Lisa Bonet due to that AngelHeart movie?

Written By: Watcher29 on 03/31/06 at 7:12 am

I don't have any idea if Bill was upset about it or not, but that would be a pretty dumb reason to make a spinoff. "I'm mad because she disparaged my image by appearing nude in that movie. I know! I'll make her the star of her own show!" That is insane troll logic. Since I don't think Bill Cosby is an insane troll, I doubt this was his reason in making the new show.

Subject: Re: Was Bill Cosby just in removing Lisa Bonet due to that AngelHeart movie?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/31/06 at 10:16 am

I agree..... it makes no sense.  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/01/06 at 7:52 am

It wasn't just the AngelHeart movie.  Lisa was a lot like her character and let's face it, her character Denise could be a bit too
much to take at times.  She was, and still is, self involved/important.  He gave her her own sit-com, Different World, and she blew that one
too.  That is why she is where she is today, which is not anywhere in particular.

Written By: nina on 04/01/06 at 10:32 pm

I did some research and what I found is that Bill had already prepared to send Denise off to college so A Different World was made. The websites said that Bonet actually left The Cosby Show to do Angelheart and that she and Bill had some trouble with each other and that Bonet was fired from A Different World and refused to do a reunion of the Cosby Show a few years ago. Does this sound right? I actually really liked that show because she was on it and thought it was cool to see her in Enemy of the State. 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...