inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whatever happend to Kirk Cameron?

Written By: nina on 03/31/06 at 5:55 am

I remember Kirk Cameron being the biggest heartthrob on tv, then he married his onscreen girlfriend and started making weird demands on the show, eating Atkins and made those Left Behind movies. It also seemed so strange. ::)

Subject: Re: Whatever happend to Kirk Cameron?

Written By: Webstor on 03/31/06 at 6:23 am

He married his onscreen girlfriend Chelsea Noble.......then he got pretty conservative as far as his religious beliefs go.

We have a religion-type channel on our cable system and every once in a while I see that Kirk Cameron show is on there....and he is speaking openly about his religious beliefs and its almost like he's preaching to people.

Kinda weird....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/31/06 at 6:35 am

He married his onscreen girlfriend Chelsea Noble.......then he got pretty conservative as far as his religious beliefs go.

We have a religion-type channel on our cable system and every once in a while I see that Kirk Cameron show is on there....and he is speaking openly about his religious beliefs and its almost like he's preaching to people.

Kinda weird....

he actually became a Christian during the time he was on, "Growing Pains"....it's just not until more recently that he has gotten more vocal about it.

Written By: lizjagger on 04/05/06 at 11:50 pm

Yes, he's very christian. I had such a crush on him during the 80s and  early 90s.

Written By: Mushroom on 04/06/06 at 9:32 am

He has been a driving force behind the movies based on the book series "Left Behind".  Both his wife and himself are involved, and they have released 3 movies so far.  The most recent is Left Behind: World At War, and features Louis Gossett Jr. playing the President of the United States.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/06/06 at 2:15 pm

Don't care. I like his sister Candace.  :-*

Written By: Tom Cruise is a Dork on 04/06/06 at 5:01 pm

Very religious and reminds me of other very religious celebs like Tom Cruise, though he's a scientologist ...

Written By: Class of 84 on 04/06/06 at 5:54 pm

He has been a driving force behind the movies based on the book series "Left Behind".  Both his wife and himself are involved, and they have released 3 movies so far.  The most recent is Left Behind: World At War, and features Louis Gossett Jr. playing the President of the United States.

I just recently watched that movie, couldn't believe how much he aged between the second and thrid one.

Written By: Tia on 04/06/06 at 6:07 pm

Very religious and reminds me of other very religious celebs like Tom Cruise, though he's a scientologist ...

oh boy. tom cruise again! we have whole threads, multiple long threads, devoted to tom cruise.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 04/06/06 at 11:21 pm

I remember Kirk Cameron's status as a teen idol was already on the skids by 1989, and something of a has been by 1990.  I say that because I distinctly remember him hosting a Back to the Future special in 1990 and thinking, "hey why'd they pull this guy out of the mothballs?". 

Kirk Cameron's peak year of popularity was 1987.  Back during 1986-'88 this guy was considered the sh*t by all the girls at my school.  They wouldn't shut up about him.  From what I heard, he started acting like a real nutball on the waning years of Growing Pains, saying that everything on the show was a sin against God, which likely contributed to his decline in popularity...even before the 80s were over.  

Written By: Tia on 04/06/06 at 11:45 pm

I remember Kirk Cameron's status as a teen idol was already on the skids by 1989, and something of a has been by 1990.  I say that because I distinctly remember him hosting a Back to the Future special in 1990 and thinking, "hey why'd they pull this guy out of the mothballs?". 

Kirk Cameron's peak year of popularity was 1987.  Back during 1986-'88 this guy was considered the sh*t by all the girls at my school.  They wouldn't shut up about him.  From what I heard, he started acting like a real nutball on the waning years of Growing Pains, saying that everything on the show was a sin against God, which likely contributed to his decline in popularity...even before the 80s were over. 
by semiweird semicoincidence monsieur cameron was actually in this movie

http://www.deadendinternet.com/witchmountain/beyond_splash.jpg

whose existence i only discovered today. he played "boy." a role we all aspire to.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0249397/

Written By: stingr22 on 04/07/06 at 4:21 pm

Yes, as stated here, Kirk Cameron is a devout Christian.  So many people treat that as if it's a bad word.  I was never a fan of his growing up.  Now I respect him for being vocal about what he believes.  He doesn't try to beat you on the head with a Bible, but does share his faith if you're interested in hearing about it.  This is how all people of faith should be.  You can have a belief without trying to beat others up with it.  OK, enough of the soapbox!    8)

Anyway, if you want to see what Kirk's up to these days, check out his website:  http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/07/06 at 4:31 pm

That's part of the reason why even though Growing Pains extended into the early nineties, I consider it to have almost zero '90s credit and think of it as 100% 1980s.  The episodes from the second half of 1989 onwards don't really count.

Written By: Class of 84 on 04/11/06 at 5:24 pm

Yes, as stated here, Kirk Cameron is a devout Christian.  So many people treat that as if it's a bad word.  I was never a fan of his growing up.  Now I respect him for being vocal about what he believes.  He doesn't try to beat you on the head with a Bible, but does share his faith if you're interested in hearing about it.  This is how all people of faith should be.  You can have a belief without trying to beat others up with it.  OK, enough of the soapbox!     8)

Anyway, if you want to see what Kirk's up to these days, check out his website:  http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

I checked the website out, glad to see he found the true meaning of life instead of squandering his wealth and notoriety.

Check for new replies or respond here...