inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Miami Vice

Written By: nina on 04/01/06 at 10:46 pm

Even though I am a women, was a girl at the time of the show, I dressed like Don Johnson, dock shoes no socks, t shirt with what ever jacket he had, mine was white.
They are making a movie of Miami Vice staring Colin Farrell, which should come out soon.

How did this tv show affect people in general and how do you think the movie will fair?

I remember my favorite episodes are the ones with Glenn Frye and Sheena Easton.
Whatever happend to Philip Michael Thomas?

Subject: Re: Miami Vice

Written By: lleelee on 04/01/06 at 11:09 pm

Even though I am a women, was a girl at the time of the show, I dressed like Don Johnson, dock shoes no socks, t shirt with what ever jacket he had, mine was white.
They are making a movie of Miami Vice staring Colin Farrell, which should come out soon.

How did this tv show affect people in general and how do you think the movie will fair?

I remember my favorite episodes are the ones with Glenn Frye and Sheena Easton.
Whatever happend to Philip Michael Thomas?

Miami Vice was such a cool show. It gave me a reason to stay home on a Frday night.  Well I was a teenager at the time. It was such great chemistry with D. Johnson and P.Micheal Thomas they had style and a swagger and the show didnt always have a happy ending. What made it so popular was it had a MTV vibe to it.  The music they played set the mood the characters were feeling at the time.

My favorite episode featured an unknown Bruce Willis then there was a singer name was Fiona (forget her last name) that was a good episode as well.

I hope the movie starring Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell will be a good one.

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/06 at 11:11 pm

Even though I am a women

You mean there's more than one of you? ;)

I was a BIG fan of Miami Vice, and I just know hte movie is going to be great.  Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx will do great jobs.  The last I saw of Philip Michael Thomas. he did a guest spot on Nash Bridges back in the late 90's

Written By: Chasey on 04/09/06 at 12:55 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/10/06 at 1:02 pm

It's one of my favorite shows, and I got season one on DVD. I can't wait until the film comes out. 

Written By: Tarot1996 on 04/18/06 at 1:06 pm

I wouldn't be so sure WD....this movie is already being touted as being the major stinker for 2006.  Farrell's alleged drug addictions, a set that has been destroyed 3 times by the weather and spiralling costs have already sent this to the top of the Turkey list.

Personally, i'm disappointed that Michael Mann saw it fit to stage this in the modern day.  I think it really should have been preserved as an 80's classic, and set in the correct era.  I recommend to you guys that you stick to the good stuff, and get hold of Miami Vice Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.....that certainly does not disappoint!

I loved Miami Vice. Never missed a show! I didn't know they were making the Colin Farrell Vice set in now time. If they were going to redo it then they should have stuck to the orginial theme. It won't be the same without the 80s music background and looks. How are they gonna have Colin running around dressed like Don Johnson did in 80s look for 2006?
Bummer!
  :-\\

Written By: Doc Brown on 04/19/06 at 10:57 pm

They can't set the movie in the present! I just looked at the cast on imdb.com and Larry Zito's in it.
He's been dead almost 20 years! What sense does that make? Who else are they digging up? Caitlin? Lou? Calderon? Although, if this were a story told by someone in the present with flashbacks to the 80's, that would make sense. Any thoughts?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Chasey on 04/21/06 at 2:01 pm

They can't set the movie in the present! I just looked at the cast on imdb.com and Larry Zito's in it.
He's been dead almost 20 years! What sense does that make? Who else are they digging up? Caitlin? Lou? Calderon? Although, if this were a story told by someone in the present with flashbacks to the 80's, that would make sense. Any thoughts?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Well...they could, because the series continued long after Larry Zitos exclusion (by the way folks, this is character only - John Diehl is very much alive).  However, I think it would have been difficult to have done something set exclusively set in the 80's, so your idea would have blended in some much-needed nostalgia.

But it's always difficult when you're doing movies that have flashbacks to previous eras, sometimes the whole picture can become a little disjointed.

Written By: puddingpop on 05/15/06 at 2:54 pm

I wouldn't be so sure WD....this movie is already being touted as being the major stinker for 2006.  Farrell's alleged drug addictions, a set that has been destroyed 3 times by the weather and spiralling costs have already sent this to the top of the Turkey list.

Personally, i'm disappointed that Michael Mann saw it fit to stage this in the modern day.  I think it really should have been preserved as an 80's classic, and set in the correct era.  I recommend to you guys that you stick to the good stuff, and get hold of Miami Vice Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.....that certainly does not disappoint!

I agree totally!

Written By: Chasey on 06/01/06 at 8:29 am

Well i've read a few interviews that Michael Mann has given recently and I'm a little disappointed with his attitude towards the past.  Even Starsky and Hutch had a cameo from David Soul and Paul Michael Glazer!

Looks like all we're going to end up with here is just another cop movie to join the thousands of other. Sorry Mikey, I won't be in a hurry to watch it but instead will be ordering the original series season 2 boxed set from ebay :P

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/06 at 9:45 pm

Well i've read a few interviews that Michael Mann has given recently and I'm a little disappointed with his attitude towards the past.  Even Starsky and Hutch had a cameo from David Soul and Paul Michael Glazer!

Looks like all we're going to end up with here is just another cop movie to join the thousands of other. Sorry Mikey, I won't be in a hurry to watch it but instead will be ordering the original series season 2 boxed set from ebay :P

Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas will not even make a cameo in the movie?  Well, that just killed it for me right there  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...