inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's regrets

Written By: nina on 04/01/06 at 11:15 pm

In I think it was 1987, there was this huge mega concert called Monsters of Rock and 25 cities were chosen to host this event of a whole bunch of rock groups like 10, 20? Anyway, Van Halen was the headliner. This new group who was starting to emerge called Guns and Roses was going to be at this gig. My hometown was one of the cities that held this event. I for whatever reason, didn't go. I not like majorly regret it, but it's something that I wish I would have done.

Any regrets out there from the 80's? Anyone attend a Monsters of Rock show?

Subject: Re: 80's regrets

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/02/06 at 4:01 pm

My biggest regret of the 80s was I got married to the wrong person, for all the wrong reasons and at the wrong time. Let's just say that it was totally WRONG!!!  >:(

Cat

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 04/03/06 at 1:58 am

Guns N Roses did NOT play at the Monsters of Rock festivals. You must be thinking of another band. Maybe Kingdom Come, Scorpions, Metallica,etc.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/03/06 at 3:01 am

I was born in the 80s, and kinda of regret that.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/03/06 at 11:49 am

I was born in the 80s, and kinda of regret that.

Same here.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/03/06 at 4:24 pm

No regrets. I am just lucky to have lived in the 80's and remember a brief amount of it.

Written By: nina on 04/03/06 at 5:37 pm

Guns N Roses did NOT play at the Monsters of Rock festivals. You must be thinking of another band. Maybe Kingdom Come, Scorpions, Metallica,etc.

You know, I think you're right. I may have gotten confused, that's what happens when you get old!  ::) But I know that GNR did come to town and I didn't go and it was something that I really regretted after they become big.

I tried to do some research but could only come up with a few bands at the 1988 Monsters of Rock Festival. Do you happen to have a list of everyone who played?
Thanks

Written By: oingo_fan on 04/03/06 at 6:20 pm

Biggest regret is "the one that got away".  Lost her once, found her again and later proceeded to break up due to the pressure of others.  NOBODY has even come close since.  Advice to the younger crowd-follow your heart, if you follow the opinions of others you may end up regretting it for a long, long time.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 04/03/06 at 9:20 pm

You know, I think you're right. I may have gotten confused, that's what happens when you get old!  ::) But I know that GNR did come to town and I didn't go and it was something that I really regretted after they become big.

I tried to do some research but could only come up with a few bands at the 1988 Monsters of Rock Festival. Do you happen to have a list of everyone who played?
Thanks
Well, I dont have a list, but I'll look for one. My aunt went to one of those shows. I'll ask her who all played.
I think the reason you thought GNR was involved is because they made some harsh remarks about that festival in the past, and used to wear a hamsters of rock tshirt. ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 9:21 am

Same here.

It's a product of our bleak and gloomy 90s upbringing.

Check for new replies or respond here...