inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best MJ song from the 80s

Written By: Zoso on 04/03/06 at 3:23 am

I like MJ's 90s music more, but out of the classic 80s material, Smooth Criminal is his best IMO. I love the bassline, the chorus and the build up in the middle. The video is awesome as well. (Human Nature, Billie Jean and Dirty Diana are other songs I considered, but Smooth Criminal is just better IMO).

Subject: Re: Best MJ song from the 80s

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 3:30 am

I know it's 1970's but I completely love love love 'GET ON THE FLOOR'  and have it on right now   :)

'Get on the floor and dance with me..I love the way you shake that thing..especially.'  ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/03/06 at 3:44 am

'GIRLFRIEND' now

can you tell I have the CD 'OFF THE WALL'  here.    ;D

Written By: Zoso on 04/03/06 at 3:54 am

I completely love love love 'GET ON THE FLOOR'  and have it on right now   :)

'Get on the floor and dance with me..I love the way you shake that thing..especially.'  ;D

Yeah but that's from Off The Wall. I too love Get On The Floor, and it's the best song from the album IMO. So damn funky and energetic.

'There's a chance for dancin...all night long'

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 04/03/06 at 6:02 am

The Girl Is Mine 
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
Human Nature
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror

Written By: robby76 on 04/03/06 at 8:36 am

"Wanna Be Startin Something"... the beat and arrangement was way ahead of it's time. They used to play this slightly remixed during my clubbing days in the late 90s early 00s and it was rockin'!

Written By: whistledog on 04/03/06 at 10:54 am

a toss-up between Billie Jean and Beat It

I love them both equally, but I I choose the former only because it has been remade several times and it always sounds great (ie: the 1983 hit "Do it Again Billie Jean" by Club House)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/03/06 at 7:18 pm

Human Nature, but most of his best came from this period. The entire "Off The Wall" album rocked and "Thriller" was on another level.

Great stuff.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/03/06 at 7:21 pm

"Off the Wall" is my favorite MJ song, but that's from 1979, so I voted for "Thriller."

Written By: stevefrom78 on 04/04/06 at 9:07 am

Are you kiddin' Mike was on fire in the 80's!!! Every song was a hitt!!!!!!! But my favs then were Human Nature, Billy Jean, Rock with you, Don't stop till you get enough, PYT, Beat it, Bad (Remember Westly snipes in the video?) and the timeless Thriller!!! With Orson Wells reading the "Scary voice" part.

Written By: Miss PIXIE on 04/07/06 at 5:29 pm

Billie Jean

Check for new replies or respond here...