inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Review of Pretty in Pink

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 2:39 pm

I just finished watching Pretty in Pink.  Overall, I would give an 8.5/10.  The ending was good (although I really think Duckie deserved to get laid; he probably did with that blonde chick  ;)), but the ending was satisfying since Blane is a likeable character.  The best character is Duckie, he's such a dork but he's so loveable. 

The only real problem I have with the movie is that it's basically a remix of Sixteen Candles, although I'd probably say it's equal to, if not a little better than Sixteen Candles.

Subject: Re: My Review of Pretty in Pink

Written By: snozberries on 04/21/06 at 6:56 pm

The only real problem I have with the movie is that it's basically a remix of Sixteen Candles, although I'd probably say it's equal to, if not a little better than Sixteen Candles.

I don't think 16 Candles is similar to Pretty in Pink.  There was no real triangle in that movie. Just Samantha lusting for Jake and Jake realizing he was interested in Sam.  Also class distintion & social status were central to Pretty in Pink. 

Some Kind of Wonderful is more similar to Pretty in Pink. It's also a John Hughes film and I liked it much better than Pretty in Pink.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/21/06 at 8:53 pm

I just finished watching Pretty in Pink.  Overall, I would give an 8.5/10.  The ending was good (although I really think Duckie deserved to get laid; he probably did with that blonde chick  ;)), but the ending was satisfying since Blane is a likeable character.  The best character is Duckie, he's such a dork but he's so loveable. 

This isn't imdb.com DD  ;)

Written By: stingr22 on 04/22/06 at 8:55 am

It is an 80s site though.  I think it's pretty cool to see him weighing in on 80s movies.  Donnie, you can do these any time!  8)

I also have always liked Pretty In Pink.  John Hughes has such a way of making the people in his movies believable and he really captured the 80s culture better than anyone else!  I would give it an 8.5 as well!  8)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/24/06 at 3:00 pm

;D

Written By: ralfy on 02/28/16 at 9:15 pm

"Pretty in Pink' turns 30: Here are 17 surprising facts about the '80s classic"

http://www.today.com/popculture/pretty-pink-turns-30-here-are-17-surprising-facts-about-t76081

Written By: Zelek2 on 03/11/16 at 11:00 pm

John Hughes was a Baby boomer but surpsingly captured the Gen X zenith quite well in his movies.

Check for new replies or respond here...