inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Flight of The Navigator

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/12/06 at 6:37 pm

Who here has seen or heard of this film?  It's a really good movie, and I just got it on DVD, this weekend.

Subject: Re: Flight of The Navigator

Written By: nally on 04/12/06 at 6:44 pm

I saw it when I was little. Wasn't too bad...although at first I wasn't sure if I was gonna like it or not. :-\\

Written By: Webstor on 04/12/06 at 7:57 pm

I remember that movie from way back in the day.

The kid in the 70's gets hijacked by an alien that talks like Pee Wee Herman and goes thru time and ends up in the 80's.
Then he escapes NASA or whoever is holding him hostage and he goes on some crazy adventure with the alien until he ends back up in his own time.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/13/06 at 12:41 am

Navigator: first reaction as a kid, upon seeing a trailer was "I want one of those!"

A grown-up version of the story would be Stephen Coonts' "Saucer". (Coonts, an A-6 pilot, famous for the Vietnam-era "Flight of the Intruder", and who went on to write a whole series of technothriller novels and one _spectacular_ nonfiction account of air combat, also tried his hand at nonfiction.  "Sacuer" is hardly high art, but it's a delightful afternoon's reading.)

Independence Day:  After seeing ID4, I've resolved to change my exclamation of glee to "I have *got* to get me one of *these!*", preferably while doing a barrel roll during vertical ascent.  Even if that wouldn't differentiate it from any other aircraft I've flown :)

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 04/13/06 at 5:34 am

I remember this movie.  It was a real poor man's E.T.  It was a decent enough viewing, but I thought the movie sorta fell flat once the computer started talking like Pee-Wee Herman.  That belonged in another movie.  This film had a lot of potential though, with it's Twilight Zone like premise.  I mean a kid goes missing and then comes back 8 years later not having aged a single day.  That's a pretty creepy plot.  You would have thought Rod Serling wrote the first half.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/15/06 at 11:59 pm

freakin' LOVE this movie. We watched it over and over when we were younger, even memorized the entire movie script!! :o  I have it on DVD now.

Subject: Flight of The Navigator

Written By: Dude111 on 02/21/18 at 6:30 am

We should see if Chuck would create a movie base for us! (Then all these threads about movies could go there and clear this one up a tad)

I love this movie.....One of my favourites!! -- Have it on VHS :)

Check for new replies or respond here...