inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Great toy, but is it Real?

Written By: Dynomutt on 04/14/06 at 9:36 pm

I'm in absolute need of assistance. I have fond memories of a particular toy that both my sister and I had. I even seem to remember snippets from the commercial and I can describe the toy in great detail. However, whenever I attempt to research this particular toy under the name I thought it was called it comes up blank. And nobody seems to remember this toy. As best as I can describe it, here is the toy I speak of.
Real Men (the name?)
Puppets, sorta. It was a black nylon glove with a plastic figurine attached to it. Either your thumb and forefinger or your first two fingers were the figures arms or legs. They can with accessories, according to whatever sport activity this figure was involved in.
I had the Cheerleader / Rollerskater. First two fingers cut from glove so that fingers would appear to be her legs. Plastic boots or plastic rollerskates fit on the tips of fingers to complete illusion of cheerleader. She had pompoms, white w/red sweater and blond hair.
Wrestler / Boxer. Thumb and forefinger were his arms. Hands for wrestling and plastic boxing gloves to go over finger/thumb for his look. He was bald and wore a purple outfit .
Can't remember what other sports figures the puppets came in. Probably football, or baseball.

Does anyone remember these toys? Any help tracking info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Subject: Re: Great toy, but is it Real?

Written By: lorac614 on 04/14/06 at 10:11 pm

There used to be a doll called "Finger Dings" but it might be before your time.  This would have been in the late 60's early 70's. 

You used your pointer and middle finger as the legs of the doll.

http://bigredtoybox.com/cgi-bin/toynfo.pl?fingdingindex

Subject: Re: Great toy, but is it Real?

Written By: kairi747 on 04/20/06 at 9:19 pm

yea!  i loved finger ding dolls!  i bought a few for my daughter on ebay a few years ago. :D

Check for new replies or respond here...