inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: D.C. Cab [1983]

Written By: whistledog on 04/16/06 at 12:44 am

D.C. Cab was released in 1983 and is one of my all-time favourite movies 8)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/dc-cab.jpg

Max Gail (whom you may remember as Wojo on the TV series Barney Miller) plays Harold, the owner of a run down cab company called "D.C. Cab" that is full of off-beat cab drivers (which include Gary Busey, Paul Rodriguez, Bill Maher, Marsha Warfield and Mr. T) and run down cabs.  When Albert Hockenberry (played by Adam Baldwin), the son of Harold's late Army Buddy, arrives to work as a Cab Driver, he attempts to turn the sagging cab company into a success, thus motivating the cab drivers to want to make something of themselves.

When Albert gets kidnapped, the cabbies all ban together to pull off a rescue attempt, and attempt to bring a good name back to the D.C. Cab company

Popular (at the time) singer Irene Cara makes a small appearance in the movie, and even wrote the song The Dream (Hold on to Your Dream) for the soundtrack which became a popular hit for her, reaching #37 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart

Subject: Re: D.C. Cab [1983]

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/16/06 at 12:45 am

Seen it once, it's an ok film.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/16/06 at 3:31 pm

"There is one thing I want to get strieght, or I'm walking, too. I don't work on January the 8th, because that is Elvis' birthday."  :D

I LOVE this movie. I know it is cheesy and kind of on the stupid side but I can't help it. I have it on video and have watched it I don't know how many times.

"Bruce Lee ain't dead you know. They got him frozen in carbonite down under Chatsworth. They're gonna melt him down as soon as the economy gets better."

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 04/16/06 at 6:01 pm

"There is one thing I want to get strieght, or I'm walking, too. I don't work on January the 8th, because that is Elvis' birthday."  :D

Cat

Oh, that's right! That's where I remember that line from. It was Gary Busey's character who said it. I haven't seen the entire movie but from what I have that's about all I remember and it just sort of stuck with me all this time.
;D

Written By: loki 13 on 04/16/06 at 7:16 pm

I know it's not right but Gary Busey gave us one of the best all-time
movie quotes in this film.

"I don't know why women get so upset,they have half the money and all the p****"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/17/06 at 10:53 am

I know it's not right but Gary Busey gave us one of the best all-time
movie quotes in this film.

"I don't know why women get so upset,they have half the money and all the p****"

He had a lot of great lines in that movie. Half of them didn't make sense but they were funny anyway.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/17/06 at 12:07 pm

He had a lot of great lines in that movie. Half of them didn't make sense but they were funny anyway.

Cat

Alot of times, Gary Busey doesn't make sense at all!  ;D

Written By: Carl on 04/17/06 at 12:53 pm

D.C. Cab is silly, but I can't help but like this movie, I plan on getting the DVD soon.

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/06 at 4:51 pm

D.C. Cab is silly, but I can't help but like this movie, I plan on getting the DVD soon.

You can usually find DC Cab in those DVD Bargain bins, for around $6.99-$8.99 8)

The disappointing side is that the DVD does not come with any menu screens, which means no sub-titles, languages, scene selections or special features  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...