inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rare hard-to-find Songs Help

Written By: coco_pup on 04/20/06 at 11:57 pm

Hi everybody,

I have a few questions regarding some very rare songs from a few movies and I'm hoping that someone can help me out.  :-)

The songs that I'm looking for are extremely rare they are:

1.  Don't Tell Her It's Me - Michael Ruff  ("Don't Tell Her It's Me")

Many of these artists are obscure or singers that I've never heard of before but I love their music.)

2 . This boy's on a roll - Robert Gordan (From the movie "Oxford Blues" starring Rob Lowe.)

3.  Stowaway - Mark Ryder (Also from "Oxford Blues")

4.  Rock and roll days/nights - Jim Wootten (From the made for T.V. movie "Can You Feel Me Dancing" starring Justine Bateman)

5.  Smooth Mover - Diana Dewitt And Michael Hannah (Also from "Can You Feel Me Dancing")

6.  Let's Keep What We've Got - Marilyn Mccoo ("The Parent Trap II")

7.  Songs from the movie "Double Switch" 

8. Dare to win - SILVIE

* If anyone can get these songs onto mp3 and send them to my e-mail or put them onto a cd I'd be most appreciative as I'm so desperate I've been trying to find these songs for so long now. Or even if someone out there has the recording equipment to record these songs from the movie or something that would really mean so much to me.

I'm a major 80s fan which you would've picked up going by my list as all of these movies/songs are from the 80s so any 80s fans out there that can help me send me an e-mail when you can.

Kindest Regards,

Ellie from Australia. :-)

Subject: Re: Rare hard-to-find Songs Help

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/06 at 1:09 am

Can't say as I have heard of those before, but I will keep my eyes open.

Also, not to be rude or anything, but isn't this like the 3rd of 4th thread you have done on these songs?

Written By: coco_pup on 04/27/06 at 5:34 pm

Thanks,for that it's just that I'm dying to find these songs and I haven't had any luck so far so I thought that I would try again that's all. Anyway, please feel free to e-mail me if you do find out anything :-) It would make me really happy and would mean so much to me being an 80s obsessive freak of hard-to-find-music and all.

Please (anyone) let me know sometime in the future if you can help me in any way with the songs I'm looking for on my list.

Thanks,

Ellie :-) 

Written By: Dennis B on 04/28/06 at 12:48 am

Interesting post -- I have no idea where to get these songs you mention. But there is a Web site that featured write-ups on forgotten 1980s music, where they let you know where/how to get the music.  Try: www.lost80smusic.net.

Written By: zotsfreak on 04/28/06 at 8:30 am

Hi everybody,

I have a few questions regarding some very rare songs from a few movies and I'm hoping that someone can help me out.  :-)

The songs that I'm looking for are extremely rare they are:

1.  Don't Tell Her It's Me - Michael Ruff  ("Don't Tell Her It's Me")

Many of these artists are obscure or singers that I've never heard of before but I love their music.)

2 . This boy's on a roll - Robert Gordan (From the movie "Oxford Blues" starring Rob Lowe.)

3.  Stowaway - Mark Ryder (Also from "Oxford Blues")

4.  Rock and roll days/nights - Jim Wootten (From the made for T.V. movie "Can You Feel Me Dancing" starring Justine Bateman)

5.  Smooth Mover - Diana Dewitt And Michael Hannah (Also from "Can You Feel Me Dancing")

6.  Let's Keep What We've Got - Marilyn Mccoo ("The Parent Trap II")

7.  Songs from the movie "Double Switch" 

8. Dare to win - SILVIE

* If anyone can get these songs onto mp3 and send them to my e-mail or put them onto a cd I'd be most appreciative as I'm so desperate I've been trying to find these songs for so long now. Or even if someone out there has the recording equipment to record these songs from the movie or something that would really mean so much to me.

I'm a major 80s fan which you would've picked up going by my list as all of these movies/songs are from the 80s so any 80s fans out there that can help me send me an e-mail when you can.

Kindest Regards,

Ellie from Australia. :-)

Here is a great site that I have found for rare and out of print music. It is a "marketplace" site where the buyer works directly with the seller:  http://www.gemm.com/

Written By: rare80s on 04/28/06 at 6:13 pm

The file-sharing program Soulseek has a lot of rare music that you may want to search. Also Limewire/Kazaa/etc. is good for more popular/common music.

Check for new replies or respond here...