inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Genesis...

Written By: Chasey on 04/21/06 at 1:20 pm

I'm a big Genesis fan, and having just got the 1987 'Live At Wembley DVD' they are now forever consigned to the Chasey 80's hall of fame.

But, I really have trouble defining Genesis during the 80's.  They didn't seem to fall into any particular category, and only the great 1986 album 'Invisible Touch' can be deemed anything like commercial.

Any thoughts?

Subject: Re: Genesis...

Written By: whistledog on 04/21/06 at 1:43 pm

I would say their early 80's work (Duke, Abacab, Three Sides Live and the self-titled 1983 album) is Rock, leaving Invisible Touch with more of a Pop Music sound :)

Invisible Touch still remains their greatest success with over 24 Million copies sold world-wide

Written By: Chasey on 04/21/06 at 2:08 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/21/06 at 5:57 pm

I loved Genesis growing up in the 80's. I remember first hearing them while up at Mt. Shasta in 1988. For some reason, we were rather sheltered from their stuff before that. We bought their "Invisible Touch" tape and I played that thing into the ground.

Check for new replies or respond here...