inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Candyman Song?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/24/06 at 12:11 am

Does anyone remember that song, which I believe was called "Candyman" and it sampled a 70's tune, where the girl goes "Oh, boy, I love you so, never, ever gonna let you go"

I think this was late 80's, or maybe 1990. I think it came out close to the time that Vanilla Ice was big. Sometimes I get that little "Oh Boy..." part stuck in my head for days and can't forget it, lol  ;D

Subject: Re: The Candyman Song?

Written By: whistledog on 04/24/06 at 12:29 am

Was it "Ooh Boy" by The Real McCoy?  Based off an old Rose Royce song

Here is a sound clip

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/24/06 at 12:41 am

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/24/06 at 1:05 am

Wow that's some great investigating because that's the same "clip" from the original Rose Royce song, but the one I was thinking was actually a rap song with that "clip" inserted into it. But, that definetly helps!!  :)

ah, it is a rap song.  In that case, I believe the song you are looking for is the 1990 hit "Knockin' Boots" by Candyman

Here is a clip

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/06 at 1:44 am

Is this the same Candy man sung by Sammy Davis Jr?

Written By: Watcher29 on 04/24/06 at 9:07 am

It would be more fun if it were the same "Candyman" played by Tony Todd, IMO. Of course, his concerts would always knock 'em dead...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/24/06 at 6:11 pm

Is this the same Candy man sung by Sammy Davis Jr?

No, this song is FAR too raunchy to be a Sammy Davis, Jr. song, but I had a feeling that title would throw some off thinking it was his song. Sorry 'bout that.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/24/06 at 6:12 pm

[quote author=wһіѕ

Written By: whistledog on 04/24/06 at 6:23 pm

That's it. I didn't even have to listen to it because the title instantly gave it away. Do you remember that song, Jason? If you do, what did you think of it?

I don't remember it no, but I liked it

Check for new replies or respond here...