inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cauliflower Kids???

Written By: billybug on 04/24/06 at 7:55 am

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum but i'm after some info about a toy from the 80's called the Cauliflower kids.  Does anyone have any pics of them as i'm trying to identify if a Child Hood toy I have is one of them.

Thanks

Subject: Re: Cauliflower Kids???

Written By: karen on 04/24/06 at 10:58 am

Are you sure you are not thinking of Cabbage Patch Kids?  Squashed looking dolls you could 'adopt', they came with birth certificates and everything

Written By: billybug on 04/24/06 at 1:47 pm

I'm not actually sure what they are called they definately are not Cabbage Patch Dolls, they were around in the late 80's didn't last long, I got mine in Toys r Us, they were in the same aisle as the Cabbage Patch lot a sort of rival, they were 25 inches tall and the 'leader' was called Joe, he had red hair, wore a stripey red top and blue jeans, you put your hand in the backs of their heads to make em talk (they were puppets, sort of).  They actually had one of these in Neighburs a fair few years ago.

I saw the name 'Cauliflower Kids' on the 80's toys site just wondering if mine was one of them?

Written By: karen on 04/25/06 at 5:11 am

You could try looking here though cauliflower kids unfortunately doesn't have picture

Written By: Heather on 10/22/09 at 8:23 pm

I had a Cauliflower Kid, and I can assure you they were not puppets. I.E. you could not stick your hand in the back of their heads to make them talk. You are correct about them being rivals to Cabbage Patch Dolls though. My Cauliflower Kid had blue hair, was about the same size as a CPK and she came in a green and white hard plastic "Cauliflower" container.  Hope this helps. If anyone has a real Cauliflower kid for sale, or pictures of one, please contact me.

Written By: 80sforever on 10/23/09 at 12:54 pm

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/cauliflowerkids0.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...