inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song Help - "Desire?"

Written By: coco_pup on 04/27/06 at 6:40 pm

I really like this song from the movie, "Dream To Believe" it might be called Desire it's played in the scene when Robin gets on her motorbike and drives to her secret work-out place where she does her warm-ups and dances she's with a black guy (her friend)  it's near the beginning of the movie when this song is played.

I'd really appreciate it if someone can please tell me the name of this song and who sings it? Anyone who has seen the movie can you please tell me who sings this song?

(I don't mind when just sometime in the future if someone knows and can please tell me) as I really like the song and have been looking for it for ages now, so if someone can tell me also, where I can get the song that be great. 

I have it on DVD the movie however, it doesn't have the whole credits so unfortunately, I don't have the list of songs from the movie anyway,  please let me know if you have it.

Subject: Re: Song Help - "Desire?"

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/27/06 at 7:05 pm

I know U2 did a song called "Desire", so it might have been by them.

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/06 at 7:16 pm

There was also a hit called "Desire" by Gene Loves Jezebel.  Hope you find the one you are looking for :)

Written By: coco_pup on 04/27/06 at 11:10 pm

No, the song I'm after is from the 80s movie, "Dream To Believe" with Keanu Reeves in it.  Anyone know the song I mean? 

Written By: coco_pup on 04/27/06 at 11:11 pm

QUOTE: I really like this song from the movie, "Dream To Believe" it might be called Desire it's played in the scene when Robin gets on her motorbike and drives to her secret work-out place where she does her warm-ups and dances she's with a black guy (her friend)  it's near the beginning of the movie when this song is played.

Written By: Chasey on 05/04/06 at 1:44 pm

Never seen the movie, but Swiss band Yello did a song called 'Desire'...

Written By: coco_pup on 05/04/06 at 6:47 pm

Anyway, for those who have seen the movie and know the song I mean can you please tell me the exact title and who sings it? The creditis on my DVD got cut off so it doesn't show the list of songs on the end credits.

Written By: Tam on 05/04/06 at 10:28 pm

Maybe if you had a few lyrics for us we might be able to help better.

Also fellow inthe00's peeps:

The Movie has also been called "Flying" and "Teenage Dream"
according to IMDB

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/05/06 at 2:44 am

Repeating the same thing over and over again isn't going to suddenly jog someone's memory.  Perhaps you could put the DVD in and go straight to the credits and write down a few of the lyrics and then bring them here so we can be of more help.

Written By: coco_pup on 05/11/06 at 8:51 pm

I'm just asking if anyone can please check for me anyone who has the video or the DVD the end credits and tell me who sings the songs please. I've already given everyone a description of the scene in the movie when this song is played. It goes something like this:
" All I've got is my desire, no-body can take that away, it's taking me higher and higher ...  all I've got is my desire and no-body can stand in my way "  (chorus)

Can anyone help me please?

Written By: Tam on 05/12/06 at 12:44 am

Found this from The 80's Movies Rewind

Soundtrack (never released)

1. Flying - Stephanie Mills
2. Hearts Desire - Stephanie Mills
3. The first time - Lynn Davis
4. Some guys - Lydia Taylor Band

Could be one of those but I am not sure. I'm done on this one. Good luck.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/12/06 at 1:00 am

Never seen the movie, but Swiss band Yello did a song called 'Desire'...

Great song, great band!

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/06 at 1:03 am

There was a Euro Disco hit in the 80's called "Desire" by Roni Griffiths, which was a big hit here in Canada.  The movie "Dream to Believe" was filmed and produced in Canada.  Not sure if it was in the movie though as I have never seen it

Written By: coco_pup on 05/18/06 at 7:20 pm

Thanks very much for your help guys.  It might be that one, "Hearts Desire" does it go: "All I've got is my desire and no-one can take that away, it's sending me higher and higher ... " (chorus of song)

I have the DVD as I said the credits get cut so unfortunately the songs aren't listed so if anyone has a copy of it and can please check the end credits for me (for the songs) I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks e1 :) 

Check for new replies or respond here...