inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Berlin song

Written By: Mr. Roboto on 05/06/06 at 12:34 am

Does anyone remember an extended techno/dance remix or cover of Berlin's "Take my breath away" that was being played on the radio for a short time in the mid 90's?

Subject: Re: Berlin song

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/06/06 at 12:56 am

Yes and no.  Yes, I remember.  No, I can't guess as to whether the mix I remember was the same as the mix you remember.  There was more than one remix, but the most airplayed and club played remixes were probably from the Disco Mix Club (DMC) DJ remix service.

http://www.juno.co.uk/labels/DMC/

On that page, I'd urge you to try "Berlin - "Take My Breath Away" (Paul Dakeyne's Drum & Bass Turntable mix)".  The page has an MP3 sample from DMC 104, September 91 (09/91, 09/1991, Sep 1991, September 1991, and anything else that keyword-searching indexers happen to twig on :)

Web spiders thus thoroughly satisified... was that it?

Written By: Mr. Roboto on 05/07/06 at 12:30 pm

I'm glad someone else has at least heard of the remix. I'll check out your suggestion. Thanks!

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/06 at 2:22 pm

The only remix/cover of Take My Breath Away that I can think of ATM was by a group called Soda Club in 2002.  It was a big UK Hit

Check for new replies or respond here...