inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP!!! I NEED THE NAME OF A TOY. YOU PUT A DISC OF PHOTOS IN & LOOKED THRU IT

Written By: Eagle One on 05/11/06 at 8:32 pm

IT WAS A KLUNKY RED PIECE OF PLASTIC WITH A YELLOW LEVER ON THE SIDE THAT YOU WOULD PULL DOWN AND ADVANCE THE PICTURE DISC TO THE NEXT PHOTO.  ONE OF THE DISCS I HAD WAS THE MOVIE THRILLER. GLAD THE EITIES ARE OVER!  I THINK I HAD A COUPLE MORE DISCS, BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT ELSE I HAD.  PROBABLY SOME CARTOONS OR SOMETHING.  ANYWAY, I DON;T KNOW THE REAL NAME OF IT.  SOMETHING LIKE "SELECT-A-SLIDE" OR "SELECT-A-VISION"     

DOES ANYONE KNOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Subject: Re: HELP!!! I NEED THE NAME OF A TOY. YOU PUT A DISC OF PHOTOS IN & LOOKED THRU IT

Written By: whistledog on 05/11/06 at 8:49 pm

Viewmaster 3-D?

http://www.edcenter.sdsu.edu/cs575viz/viewmaster.gif

Subject: Re: HELP!!! I NEED THE NAME OF A TOY. YOU PUT A DISC OF PHOTOS IN & LOOKED THRU IT

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/12/06 at 12:28 am

There was also an off-version of that, called "Select-A-Vision", which only came out in neonesque colors, and as I recall, they didn't sell too well. Something about tearing up the photo-discs as you switched them, or something?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/12/06 at 12:43 am

A computer with a Pentium 4 processor, but they didn't have them quite yet in the '80s.
:P

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/12/06 at 1:41 am

Also sounds like my last girlfriend, before I got married.
She was a bit klunky, always wore stuff with a yellow tag on the side, and you NEVER could get a clear picture of what she was doing.

Check for new replies or respond here...