inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: your fave 80's song and why you like it

Written By: Marc Conners on 05/15/06 at 10:35 pm

What is your all-time favourite song of the 80's, and why do you like it so much?

my favourite 80's song is when the heart rules the mind by GTR.  i was a big fan of genesis and all things related, and I thought GTR was the best of all the genesis side projects.  it's a catchy tune, and one i have loved ever since i can remember

Subject: Re: your fave 80's song and why you like it

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/16/06 at 12:42 am

It's a toss-up between "Mad World" by Tears for Fears and "Take on Me" by a-ha.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/16/06 at 6:19 am

Mine is 'Everybody Want's to Rule the World' by Tears for Fears which must rank as one of my top 20 songs of all time. It just captured the whole mad 80s obsession with materialism and 'getting to the top', and the emptiness that pursuing material gain brings. It's classically 80s, but so much more timeless than 99% of 80s music. It also has to be one of the 80s songs that most of today's kids can instantly recognise. I also always remember hearing it on the radio as a kid growing up.

Written By: misi on 05/17/06 at 12:19 pm

take on me by ah-ha for the simple reason that i love him sooooooooooooooo (even had a pillow wiv his face on it )

oh god im sooo sad  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/06 at 12:35 pm

I guess mine would be, "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger...I dunno why, it has a good beat to it, and I like the words of the song.

Written By: wndysbg on 05/17/06 at 6:00 pm

Boys of Summer by Don Henley - still my favorite song today - it changed my life forever

Written By: oingo_fan on 05/17/06 at 9:57 pm

"Lovesong" by The Cure.  Perfectly documents a pivotal time in my life-the one song I can use as my time machine...

Check for new replies or respond here...