inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ripping Songs

Written By: coco_pup on 05/19/06 at 2:01 am

Is there anyone out there that rips songs as a hobby? The reason why I'm asking is because, I don't know how to. If there is someone who can please let me know if you wouldn't mind or be willing to rip some songs for me.

Anyone whose willing to take the time to see the following movies and record some songs for me from the these movies: 

* "Double Switch"

* "Oxford Blues"

* "Don't Tell Her It's Me"

Thank you kindly,
Ellie.  :-) 

Subject: Re: Ripping Songs

Written By: rare80s on 05/19/06 at 1:43 pm

I can give you some tips for ripping. First, Winamp is, IMO, the best music player for Windows. The best CD ripping program is CDex but you could also rip CDs with Winamp if you want. The best mp3 encoder is LAME which CDex uses for its ripping. I hope this has helped. Please feel free to ask any other questions regarding ripping.

Written By: whistledog on 05/19/06 at 1:47 pm

If you're ripping songs from vinyl or cassette to mp3, all you need to do is connect the headphone jack of your tape or record player to the microphone jack of your computer.  Then use any program that will record wave files (I use a program called WaveFlow), then once you've saved the wave, use a program that can convert waves to mp3 (such as CDex, which rare80s has mentioned above)

Written By: coco_pup on 06/02/06 at 2:19 am

Honestly, I wouldn't know how to do this that's why I thought I'd ask anyone that does it as a hobby.  The songs I'm after are from movies you see and I don't know how to professionally record them from the movie and onto my computer with reasonable quality.
If anyone out there can help please feel free to send me an e-mail or if you can recommend someone who can help me that would be so helpful to me and would make my day.

Thanks everybody, (it means a lot to me)

Ellie.  :-)

Check for new replies or respond here...