inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 3-D on TV

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/26/06 at 2:05 am

I remember a few times they had some "special" episodes on TV where if you bought those special 3-D glasses at 7-Eleven or other participating stores, you could watch your favorite show in 3-D. And of course, if you didn't get those glasses, you were stuck with double vision for a half hour or so.  ;D

Subject: Re: 3-D on TV

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 2:11 am

They had those in the '90s too ... I remember they came on Lunchables so you could watch Nickelodeon in 3D.  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/26/06 at 2:13 am

They had those in the '90s too ... I remember they came on Lunchables so you could watch Nickelodeon in 3D.  ;D

Ohh, cool. The ones I remember were like certain shows in the late '80s probably. They'd tell you on tv to go get these special glasses, so you'd do it and go home and watch your 3D TV show. These were on major networks like ABC, NBC, etc. Can't really remember the shows, as I think my 3D glasses were bad ones and they didn't work right.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 2:14 am

Ohh, cool. The ones I remember were like certain shows in the late '80s probably. They'd tell you on tv to go get these special glasses, so you'd do it and go home and watch your 3D TV show. These were on major networks like ABC, NBC, etc. Can't really remember the shows, as I think my 3D glasses were bad ones and they didn't work right.

Was 3-D a general '80s trend?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/26/06 at 2:17 am

Was 3-D a general '80s trend?

I think it started in the '50s, but it probably didn't get real sophisticated until the mid-'70s to mid-'80s.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:44 am

I remember a few times they had some "special" episodes on TV where if you bought those special 3-D glasses at 7-Eleven or other participating stores, you could watch your favorite show in 3-D. And of course, if you didn't get those glasses, you were stuck with double vision for a half hour or so.  ;D

Speaking of that they're just airing a special 3D ep of 'Medium' next week...but they don't include 3D glasses, so I guess ppl will just have to dig out their old ones they got in the cinema when they went and saw Spykids 3D! Lol

Written By: stbs4clk on 05/26/06 at 2:11 pm

I remember watching Creature From The Black Lagoon in 3D on PBS back in the early 80's.

Written By: whistledog on 05/26/06 at 2:16 pm

I saw Jaws 3-D, but I never had the glasses  :\'(

Written By: Sammy Reed on 05/28/06 at 7:43 am

There was this syndicated TV movie where we went to Wendy's to get the glasses to watch it. It was "hosted" by a man and woman. The man was a pre-"Night Court" Harry Anderson.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/28/06 at 10:53 am

I actually saw Muppet Vision 3-D awhile back, at Disney World.

The thing I didn't like about it, is that your eyes feel abit strained afterwards.

Check for new replies or respond here...