inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Love Connection with Chuck Woolery

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/02/06 at 4:20 pm

This was another great show. It use to air around 4pm on weekdays on Fox. I thoroughly enjoyed it. But, now watching it on the Game Show Network, some of those episodes look SO outdated.

Subject: Re: Love Connection with Chuck Woolery

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/06 at 6:13 pm

I used to hate watching this show when I was little, because it came on opposite The Price i$ Right, but over the years it grew on me, and towards it's end in the early 90's, I was addicted 8)

Written By: lizjagger on 06/02/06 at 6:36 pm

whoa, talk about a reminder. I wasnt a fan of the show, but I forgot all about it until now! I remember though, it was really popular.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/02/06 at 7:35 pm

my mom and I used to LOVE watching that show. Some of those guests on there were crazy!! LOL! :D ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/02/06 at 11:46 pm

This was another great show. It use to air around 4pm on weekdays on Fox. I thoroughly enjoyed it. But, now watching it on the Game Show Network, some of those episodes look SO outdated.

I watched it a very little bit towards the end of its run (I was what I call an "active couch potato" in my later kid years - late 1990-early 1993 or so) and always enjoyed it. The only thing I would be bummed out on by seeing those episodes is wondering what they're up to now! Do you think anyone ever got married/started a serious relationship from the show? You'd think word would spread from at least some of them (i.e. "My uncle was on Love Connection back in '89" etc). ;D

BTW I even liked the "briefly resurrected" version a few years back with a guy named Pat Bullard - he was funny and a pretty cool guy, but it didn't last.

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/06 at 11:53 pm

BTW I even liked the "briefly resurrected" version a few years back with a guy named Pat Bullard - he was funny and a pretty cool guy, but it didn't last.

Pat Bullard is from Canada.  He also hosted the short-lived Card Sharks revival :)

His brother Mike Bullard had a talk show out of Toronto, but it got canned after like only 2 or 3 years on the air ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/03/06 at 3:43 pm

Pat Bullard is from Canada.  He also hosted the short-lived Card Sharks revival :)

His brother Mike Bullard had a talk show out of Toronto, but it got canned after like only 2 or 3 years on the air ;D

I think I watched every episdoe of the new Love Connection. My brother, my mother and I are probably the only ones who stayed up late enough to watch it. We liked it, and I thought Pat Bullard was a great replacement. He had a great smile.

Check for new replies or respond here...